Transfer your flybuys points to velocity
and be rewarded!
Everyone who transfers flybuys points to Velocity between 17 January - 15 February 2019, will receive a share of 10 million Velocity Points.
PLUS, there is also a major prize draw of 30 $1,000 Virgin Australia vouchers up for grabs!
here's how to enter:
Transfer your flybuys points to Velocity for entries into the major prize draw and to receive your share of 10 million Velocity Points.
You're a winner
Congratulations, your share of 10 million Velocity Points is on the way!
The more times you transfer, the bigger your share of 10 million Velocity Points.
Plus, every flybuys point you transfer is an entry into the draw to win 1 of 30 Virgin Australia vouchers.
So get transferring and tell your friends…or maybe don’t?
Flybuys Competition - Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter this Promotion, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each Entrant.
2. The Promotion commences at 00:01 am AEST on 17 January 2019 and ends at 11:59 pm AEST on 15 February 2019 (Promotion Period).
3. The Promoter is Velocity Frequent Flyer Pty Ltd (ACN 601 408 824) of registered address 56 Edmondstone Road, Bowen Hills, Queensland 4006.
4. Entry is open to Velocity Frequent Flyer members and flybuys members with a valid membership account aged 18 years and over (Entrants). The directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd, Flybuys (Loyalty Pacific Pty Ltd), its related bodies corporate are not eligible to enter this Promotion.
5. To enter the Promotion, Members must transfer flybuys points to Velocity during the Promotion Period (Transferring Entry Method). Each separate transfer from the member’s flybuys account to the member’s Velocity Frequent Flyer account is equal to one entry into the minor prize Promotion, with a minimum transfer requirement of 2,000 points per transfer. Each single flybuys point transferred is equal to one entry into the major prize Promotion. Linked households may transfer a minimum of 2,000 flybuys points (equivalent to 870 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points) and a maximum of 138,000 flybuys points (equivalent to 60,030 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points) per calendar year. flybuys points can only be transferred in increments of 2,000. flybuys points transferred for Velocity Frequent Flyer Points will be credited to the linked Velocity account instantly. An entry into the Promotion is generated and deemed accepted as at the time and date that the member’s flybuys points are deducted from their flybuys account within the Promotion Period. To check if and when points were deducted from the member's flybuys account, login to flybuys.com.au and refer to the processed date on the member's account activity.
6. Members must ensure that their flybuys and Velocity membership accounts remain linked for the duration of the Promotion Period. Members can enter the Promotion using the Transferring Entry Method.
7. The member will be the linked member as shown in the member's flybuys account.
8. There is a limit of 138,000 entries for the major prize promotion and 69 entries for the minor prize promotion via the Transferring Entry Method.
9. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Unsuccessful transfers will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction or otherwise including those entries not received by the Promoter.
10. If you enter the Promotion but no longer wish to participate, please email email@example.com and you will be removed from the Promotion.
11. This promotion is free to enter. Any ancillary costs associated with entering the Promotion remain a member’s responsibility.
12. There will 30 winners (a Major Winner) of a $1,000 Virgin Australia voucher in total. Entrants can only be a Major Winner once. Winners will be drawn according to the schedule in clause 15.
13. All entrants will win a share of 10 million Velocity Points (a Minor Winner). Each eligible entry will receive an equal share. If an Entrant has multiple entries, they receive an equal share for each entry.
14. The Prizes will be awarded to the Entrant named in the entry.
15. The Prizes will be drawn in the following order:
a) Thirty (30) x $1,000 Virgin Australia Vouchers
b) All entries will receive an equal share of 10 million Velocity Points
16. The draw will be conducted on Wednesday 27 February 2019 at 15:00 AEDT at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5, Erina Plaza, 210 Central Coast Highway, Erina, NSW 2250. In the presence of an independent scrutineer.
17. The Major Winners will be announced on Velocity’s website www.velocityfrequentflyer.com by Wednesday 13 March 2019 AEDT. The Major Winners will be notified by Wednesday 13 March 2019 AEDT directly by phone or email where further contact information and details will be requested including, but not limited to, full name, phone, email, and address. The Minor Winners will be notified of their Points prize via email by 31 March 2019.
18. If a Major Winner is drawn and that person has already been a Major Winner previously, a redraw will be conducted on the same date as the original draw.
19. If a prize is not claimed within three (3) months of publication, a redraw will be conducted. If required, the redraw will be conducted from Thursday 13 June 2019 at 15:00 AEDT at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5, Erina Plaza, 210 Central Coast Highway, Erina, NSW 2250.
20. A redrawn Winner will be notified by phone two (2) days after the draw, and in writing two (2) days after the draw. The name and state of the re-draw Winner may be published on the Velocity Frequent Flyer website fourteen (14) days after the re-draw.
21. Entries not fully complying with these Conditions of Entry may be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s discretion. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these Conditions of Entry, the entry will be discarded and the relevant prize will be re-awarded in accordance with the relevant clause of these Conditions of Entry as if the discarded entry had not been received.
22. All decisions of the Promoter are final and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into.
23. This is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the outcome.
24. The total prize pool is valued at $421,237.11
25. There are thirty Major prizes to be won and all eligible members will receive minor prizes (each a Prize, and collectively, the Prizes)
26. Each Major prize comprises of: One (1x) $1,000 Virgin Australia voucher.
27. Each Minor Prize comprises of bonus Velocity Points. Members will receive a share of 10 Million Velocity Points. The Points prize will be equally divided by the number of eligible entries during the promotional period.
28. The Prizes are not exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
29. The following additional terms apply for Prizes containing Virgin Australia voucher:
b. We will send the voucher within 60 days of the end of the Promotion Period.
c. The voucher must be used within 12 months from the date of issue or it will expire.
d. Some Virgin Australia, Virgin Australia Holidays and partner products are excluded from the operation of gift vouchers.
30. The following additional terms apply for Velocity Points Prizes:
a. Velocity Points prizes will be subject to the Velocity terms and conditions
b. The Velocity Points prize will be added to the Velocity members account linked (at the time of entry) to the Winner’s flybuys membership account by 31 March 2019.
31. Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
32. By accepting the Prize, Winners agree to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed. Winners will not be entitled to any fee for participating in these activities.
33. The Promoter may want a Winner to participate in promotional activity after the Promotion has ended. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to a Winner, the Winner permits the Winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the Winner’s participation in the prize to appear in any media whatsoever throughout the world for an unlimited period and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
34. The Promoter reserves the right to request that a Winner provides proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a Winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
35. The Promoter will not be liable for any tax liability, including without limitation income tax, fringe benefits tax, or any liability or loss of opportunity due to reportable fringe benefits, incurred by a winner, an Entrant, their employer and/or any other party in regard to any connection with participating in the Promotion or the receipt or use of any prize.
36. Entrants, the winner and/or any other party will be required to pay any taxes and other airport related charges (including any applicable GST on those taxes and charges) which may be due on receipt or use of the prize.
37. Entrants should seek independent financial advice to ensure they understand possible tax implications in relation to any tax liability and/or reportable fringe benefits before acceptance or use of a prize.
38. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for and makes no representations about any tax liability as a result of participating in the Promotion or from receiving or using any of the prizes.
39. The other party must ensure that all promotional and marketing material prepared by the other party relating to the Promotion sufficiently notifies Entrants of the above conditions.
40. Subject to any applicable law, the Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a Winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the Winner and/or the Winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion. The Promoter reserves its legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender.
41. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these Conditions of Entry, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
42. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
43. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Promotion and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth) in Australia, or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies (and their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, for any direct, indirect or consequential injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way in connection with this Promotion or any prize/s. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect or inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this Promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; and (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize (including but not limited to any component of a Winner’s trip).
44. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Promotion. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
45. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure, internet failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserve the right to take any action that may be available.
46. The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize. The Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize offered.
49. Entrant’s personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and Winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
Authorised under permit numbers: NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/30620. ACT Permit No. TP18/02510. SA Permit No. T18/2209.