Terms & Conditions:
1. All upgrades are subject to Premium Economy or Business Class Reward Seat availability and to an Upgrade Cancellation and Amendment Policy. View Flight Upgrades Using Points Terms and Conditions.
2. View UpgradeMe Points Terms and Conditions.
3. All flight upgrades using complimentary fare upgrades are subject to the Member Terms and Conditions.
4. In certain operational circumstances Virgin Australia Lounges may not be able to accept upgrade requests for departure from other airports. To be eligible for upgrades, all flights must be marketed and operated by Virgin Australia, and issued on Virgin Australia ticket stock (featuring a ticket number beginning with “795”). For operational reasons not all Business Class seats are made available for upgrades. This means that there may still be empty seats on departure.
5. Purchasing Points with Velocity Points Booster is facilitated by Points Inc.
Purchasing Points is subject to the membership Terms and Conditions. Prices are in Australian Dollars and are inclusive of GST. The applicable price will be the price published at the time of purchase and is subject to change without notice. Purchased Points are non-refundable (subject to your statutory rights). Points Booster transactions are processed outside of Australia. You are responsible for any additional fees charged by your financial institution in connection with your Points Booster transaction. The purchase of Points does not guarantee the availability of your desired reward. If you have any enquiries in relation to Points Booster, please contact the Membership Contact Centre.
^ Domestic Australia Business Class Reward Seats and UpgradeMe Points Sale:
^Domestic Australia Business Class Reward Seats and UpgradeMe Points Sale: On sale from 12:01am AEDT 8 September 2020 until 11:59pm AEDT 11 January 2021 unless sold out prior. Reward seats and UpgradeMe seats are subject to availability. For travel from 8 September 2020 until 31 January 2021. 30% discount applies to year round Business Class Reward Seat and UpgradeMe Point levels and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion. Discount does not apply to fees and taxes whether paid in Points or cash. Redemption bookings are available for travel from today to our most popular Australian destinations. View destinations and find out more. Due to Covid-19 Virgin Australia lounges are temporarily closed and we are continuing to assess their re-opening as travel restrictions ease. Inflight catering is currently limited to complimentary water and a snack. Complimentary meals and the purchase of additional food and drinks will not be available on board. Discount is applied automatically at the time of booking. All fares are for instant purchase while Rewards Seats are made available on most flights, availability is limited and may not be available at peak times or on all flights. For operational reasons not all Business Class seats are made available for upgrades, this means that there may still be empty seats on departure. Velocity Points and Status Credits cannot be earned on Reward Seat bookings.
A checked baggage allowance is included in your fare. Add $40 or 5,200 Points for bookings made on the phone. Business Class Reward Seats include Taxes, fees and surcharges and payments made by debit/credit card are subject to a payment surcharge. Taxes, fees and surcharges can be paid with Points and are not eligible for Points earn. Changes and cancellations incur a fee. See Virgin Australia’s domestic Fees page for Business Reward Seats or Velocity Frequent Flyer Terms and Conditions for UpgradeMe. Name changes are not permitted. Itinerary changes made after 11 January 2021 will cause your discount to be lost. A fare difference payment may apply. And Velocity Membership Terms and Conditions apply.
Check your fare rules for more information. Full terms and conditions at www.virginaustralia.com.