HOW TO GUIDES - FLIGHTS
Watch our How To Video or follow the steps below to use your Velocity Points to book flights on board Virgin Australia and our partner airlines.
Step 1 – Log in to your Velocity account
- Enter your Velocity Membership number and password in the fields provided
Step 2 – Search for flights
- “Expand” the VirginAustralia.com homepage booking box to reveal the full booking panel
- Enter your flight search criteria
- Tick the “Use Points + Pay” tickbox, and click “Find Flights”
Step 3 – Select your flight time and fare type
- Choose your preferred flight time and fare type
Tip: Fare inclusions and rules can be viewed and compared by hovering over the fare types titles, i.e. Saver Lite (v).
Step 4 – Enter guest details and travel preferences
- Enter your personal and contact (and if necessary documentation) details in the fields provided
- Add applicable travel preferences
Step 5 – Add Travel Extras
- To Carbon Offset click “Add”
- To add Additional Baggage click “Add”, select guest(s) who require additional bags, and the number of additional checked bags required. Note: Additional baggage is only offered for selected fares
Tip: Baggage allowances are only included for selected fares and Velocity Members. To check your baggage inclusions, click the Fare Type and Velocity Tier links provided.
Step 6 – Select your seat
- Click on the applicable flight (+) for seat selection, and select the guest’s name
- Click on the guest’s preferred seat on the seat map provided
- Click “Continue to Payment”
Tip: Refer to the seat key to understand seat availability.
Step 7 – Redeem Points and confirm payment
- To pay using a mix of Points + Pay, slide the slider to indicate how many Points and how much cash you would like to use
- Click ‘Apply’ to confirm desired Points and pay level
- If you opted to pay using cash, select your preferred credit card, and enter your details in the fields provided
- Click “Continue” to purchase your flight(s) and extras
Tip: Consult the booking summary, displayed on the right-hand side of your screen, to view your booking details and costs.
Your itinerary and e-Ticket has been sent to your nominated email address
- You will receive a reminder email prior to your flight date
- If you need to alter your booking (with the exclusion of reward fares) you can do so online via Manage Bookings. Reward seat bookings can only be altered by contacting the Membership Contact Centre.
- Guests flying on our domestic network can conveniently check in online via the web or by a web-enabled mobile device
Enjoy your flight!
Do you need help finding the lowest fare?
- Get the right fare, for the right price, at the right time, see our Best Fares
- Be the first to know about flight specials with the Virgin Australia Flight Specials App
- Receive our latest flight specials, Happy Hour alerts, Holiday packages and more, sign up to Virgin Australia V-mail
Do you need further booking help?
- If you are unable to find what you are looking for please Contact Us
You can add your Velocity membership number to your Virgin Australia booking online before you have flown.
Simply visit virginaustralia.com, enter your details into the 'My Bookings' tab on the left hand side and select 'Manage' to retrieve your booking and add your Velocity membership number.
Provided the flight is eligible to earn Points, Velocity Points will be automatically allocated to the nominated Velocity Account once the flight has been flown.
If you are travelling with one of our airline partners, please call your booking agent or the airline directly to assist you with adding your Velocity membership number to your booking. Once your membership number has been added you will automatically earn Velocity Points for eligible travel.
Velocity members can earn Points on their tickets when travelling on eligible Virgin Australia flights with a Virgin Australia (VA) flight number, including codeshare services operated by our airline partners.
To discover what the Fare Class is on your next Virgin Australia flight, so you can determine if it is eligible to earn Velocity Points, and what the Points earn rate is, please follow these steps:
Step 1: Search for your international flight on virginaustralia.com
Step 2: Choose your preferred flight/s on the 'Select' page.
Step 3: After selecting your flight/s, click on ‘View Fare Rules’ which appears below the total booking price.
Step 4: When the Fare Rule pop-up is displayed, the first letter of the ‘Fare Basis’ is the Fare Class code.
Step 6: To work out the mileage and calculate the number of Points you could earn for this flight/s use the Mileage Calculator at the bottom of the Airline Points Earn table page