Last updated: 02 April 2020
Who is collecting your personal information?
Your personal information is being collected by Velocity Rewards Pty Ltd and Velocity Frequent Flyer Pty Ltd. We run the Velocity Frequent Flyer program.
We are part of the Virgin Australia Group (“VA Group”). We collect some of your Member Data from, and share it with, other companies in the VA Group to help them operate and improve their products and services. These VA Group companies are:
- Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd
- Virgin Australia International Airlines Pty Ltd
- Virgin Australia Airlines (SE Asia) Pty Ltd
- Virgin Australia Regional Airlines Pty Ltd
- Virgin Australia Cargo Pty Ltd
- Tigerair Airways Australia Pty Ltd
- Torque Solutions (Australia) Pty Ltd (who analyse Member Data to help us better understand you).
This statement gives you an overview of how we collect and handle your personal information and online behavioural data, which we refer to as your Member Data. We collect online behavioural data when you visit our websites or use the Velocity or Virgin Australia mobile apps.
When we collect your member data
We collect your Member Data when you join Velocity. You may have joined Velocity:
- directly – for example on the Velocity website
- through one of the companies in the VA Group – for example, when booking a Virgin Australia flight
- through one of our Partners – for example, if you’ve joined Velocity when signing up for a credit card
We continue to collect your Member Data during your membership, including when you:
- update your membership details
- enter a competition
- contact us online, on social media, or through our Membership Contact Centre
- earn or redeem with us, the VA Group, or our Partners
- interact online with us, the VA Group, our Partners, or our service providers
Why we collect and handle your member data
We collect and handle your Member Data to:
- create and manage your Velocity membership
- help you earn, redeem and transfer Points and Rewards, and to earn Status Credits
- identify offers, products and services offered by us, the VA Group and our Partners which we think you’ll be interested in
- contact you about these offers
- operate and improve our program
What would happen if we don't collect your member data?
If we can’t collect your Member Data, we can’t process your membership application or provide you with the benefits of being a Velocity member.
Third parties: collecting and sharing your member data
When we share your Member Data with third parties, we always do so in accordance with this Policy. Before we share it, we always ensure there are protections in place to keep your Member Data secure and confidential.
We may disclose your Member Data to:
- companies in the VA Group
- our Partners, if you use your membership to earn or redeem Points with Partners
- people who act for you, including your family members if you use Family Pooling, or people who book and manage flights and other travel arrangements for you
- third parties who help us to:
- understand what might interest you
- interact with you
- run our business
Sharing your member data outside australia
Our members can access benefits from Australian and international Partners. We share your Member Data overseas only if needed to process transactions or provide services to you.
We also use overseas third party service providers. As part of our ordinary operations, these third party service providers are located in Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Paraguay, Poland, Singapore, The Philippines, Turkey, United Kingdom and United States of America.
How to access or correct your member data, and how to make a complaint
You can log in to your Velocity membership account to view and update your contact details, transaction activity and communications preferences.
You can contact us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Need more details?