PRIVACY STATEMENT - VELOCITY MEMBERSHIP JOIN
Who is collecting your personal information?
Your personal information is being collected by Velocity Rewards Pty Ltd and Velocity Frequent Flyer Pty Ltd. Our contact details are available at the Velocity Contact Us page, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collection of your personal information
Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information to:
- process your application to join the Velocity Frequent Flyer Program and manage your membership;
- verify your identity;
- communicate with you about your membership and membership transactions;
- identify and arrange benefits for you connected with your membership, including points earning/redemption and Program Partner recognition and benefits;
- manage your flight bookings with our related entities and Airline Partners;
- contact you by email, text message, post, phone and other digital service (such as through our applications that you install on your device) with marketing material about our offers or promotions, and those of our related entities, Airline Partners, Program Partners and third parties; and to identify products and services provided by them, and membership benefits and rewards, that may be of interest you;
- process your card application and Velocity membership join, where you apply for and use one of our Program Partner’s credit or other loyalty program cards, to award Points, Rewards or other benefits in connection with that card;
- train our staff and test our systems;
- develop insights about you to better understand your interests and preferences. We do this to identify products, services, membership benefits and rewards offered by us, our related entities, Airline Partners, Program Partners and third parties that may be of interest to you. We also do this to personalise your experience and enhance those products and services offered by us, our related entities and our Airline Partners and Program Partners. We may also use trusted service providers to undertake the process of developing these insights;
- operate each of the Virgin Australia Group businesses where reasonably required;
- comply with our legal, audit, assurance, reporting and investigation obligations, and for operational or regulatory compliance purposes;
- contact you in relation to market and product research;
- respond to feedback, queries and complaints; and
- help us to continuously improve the services and products we offer.
What would happen if we did not collect your personal information?
If we cannot collect your personal information requested during the membership application process, we will not be able to progress your application or otherwise provide you with some of our other products and services.
Who will we disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information:
- to Virgin Australia Airlines and our other related companies, travel and booking agents;
- to our Airline Partners and Program Partners;
- to your family members who are part of a Family Pooling arrangement;
- to Rev Australia Pty Ltd, the distributor of our “Global Wallet” product, if you are eligible to receive or request to receive a Global Wallet enabled Velocity membership card;
- to our third party product and service providers, including those providing technology and related support services, call centre services, promotions and prize fulfilments services, marketing and advertising services, data analysis and business intelligence services, payment fulfilment and fraud protection services and security services;
- to third parties providing digital or other technology services (including digital assistants that utilise voice, virtual and other technology), where you have authorised the third party to receive the information we hold about you;
- in connection with the investigation of fraud or suspicious activity relating to services provided by us, our related entities, Program Partners and Airline Partners; and
- to our professional advisers and insurers.
Access and correction of your personal information
Overseas disclosure of your personal information
We are likely to disclose your personal information to organisations and persons located overseas. We generally disclose personal information to:
- our third party service providers located in Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Paraguay, Singapore, The Philippines, Turkey, United Kingdom and United States America; and
- our Airline Partners and Program Partners located worldwide. We will only disclose your personal information to an overseas Airline Partner or Program Partner where necessary to process a transaction for you