Earn Velocity Points and Status Credits with Air New Zealand flights
Redeem your Velocity Points for Air New Zealand flights
Earn Points with Air New Zealand when you travel in an eligible fare class with an NZ flight number and operated by Air New Zealand, Air New Zealand Link or Virgin Australia1. You can also earn Status Credits on all eligible fare types. Redeem Points for travel with Virgin Australia and our world-class airline partners.
HOW MANY VELOCITY POINTS WILL I EARN?
||Points Earn Rate Per Mile
||C, D, J, Z
||2 Velocity Points
||U, E, O, A
||1.5 Velocity Points
||1 Velocity Point
||Q, H, M
||0.75 Velocity Points
|Discount Economy (Trans-Tasman and Long Haul)||V, W, T
||0.5 Velocity Points
|Discount Economy (Trans-Tasman and Long Haul)||L, G, S, K, P
||0.25 Velocity Points
|Discount Economy (Domestic New Zealand)||V, W, T, L, G
||0.25 Velocity Points
Velocity Points and Status Credits cannot be earned on:
- Air New Zealand flights to or from the Pacific Islands and Denpasar, Indonesia.
- From 1 November 2017 travel on Air New Zealand Trans Pacific flights to and from the Americas and flights to and from Asia will be ineligible for Points earn. View destinations ineligible for Points earn.
- Any domestic New Zealand services booked in a fare class of S, K or P which are operated by Air New Zealand or Air New Zealand link carriers.
- Reward Seat Bookings.
- Fare classes other than as specified above.
- Codeshare flights (Any flight with an NZ flight number that is operated by an airline other than Air New Zealand, Air New Zealand Link carriers, including Air Nelson, Eagle Airways and Mount Cook Airlines, and Virgin Australia).
- Any Air New Zealand flight where Airpoints Dollars have been used as a form of payment irrespective of the fare class flown.
- Upgraded fares: Members travelling on upgraded fares that were purchased with Airpoints Dollars or by bidding for an upgrade will earn per the rules of the original fare class purchased.
Please allow 14 days before Claiming Missing Points for Air New Zealand flights.
Pacific Island refers to one of the following Air New Zealand destinations:
- Apia, Samoa (APW)
- Bali, Indonesia (DPS)
- Nadi, Fiji (NAN)
- Niue (IUE)
- Norfolk Island (NLK)
- Noumea, New Caledonia (NOU)
- Nuku’alofa, Tonga (TBU)
- Papeete, Tahiti (PPT)
- Port Vila, Vanuatu (VLI)
- Rarotonga, Cook Islands (RAR)
Trans Pacific and Europe
Trans Pacific refers to the following Air New Zealand destinations:
- Honolulu, United States of America (HNL)
- Los Angeles, United States of America (LAX)
- San Francisco, United States of America (SFO)
- Houston, United States of America (IAH)
- Vancouver, Canada (YVR)
- Buenos Aires, Argentina (EZE)
- London Heathrow (LHR) via Los Angeles (LAX)
- Tokyo Narita (NRT)
- Osaka Kansai (KIX)
- Hong Kong (HKG)
- Shanghai (PVG)
- Singapore (SIN)
Destinations above are current as of 10 July 2017.
1. Earn rates are correct as at 28 May 2018 and are subject to change. Flights are governed by the operating carrier's terms and conditions, which can be viewed on the operating carrier's websites. Members travelling on Upgraded fares purchased with Points or any other subsidised means of Upgrades on Virgin Australia or our partner airlines will earn Points based on originally purchased fare classes. Check the Velocity Membership Terms and Conditions for details about earning Points