Earn Velocity Points and Status Credits with Air New Zealand flights
Redeem your Velocity Points for Air New Zealand flights
On 6 April 2018, we advised members that Virgin Australia Group and Air New Zealand would not be continuing their strategic alliance partnership between Australia and New Zealand. As a result of this, on 28 October 2018 Air New Zealand will depart the Velocity Frequent Flyer program as an Airline Partner.
Velocity members travelling on Air New Zealand services up to this date will still be eligible to earn Velocity Points and Status Credits and access Air New Zealand premium customer benefits, where applicable. Redemption tickets on Air New Zealand operated flights issued prior to 27 October 2018 for travel after this date will also be unaffected.
Velocity members travelling on Air New Zealand flights booked prior to 6 April 2018 for travel after 28 October 2018 will still be eligible for Points and Status Credit earn, up until April 2019. However, for Velocity Silver, Gold and Platinum members tier benefits will not apply when travelling on Air New Zealand after 27 October 2018.
Velocity members who travelled on Air New Zealand flights and did not receive Points or Status Credits for their flights are able to submit a Claim for Missing Points for flights travelled in the previous six (6) months up until April 2019.
HOW MANY VELOCITY POINTS WILL I EARN?
||Points Earn Rate Per Mile
||C, D, J, Z
||2 Velocity Points
||U, E, O, A
||1.5 Velocity Points
||1 Velocity Point
||Q, H, M
||0.75 Velocity Points
|Discount Economy (Trans-Tasman and Long Haul)||V, W, T
||0.5 Velocity Points
|Discount Economy (Trans-Tasman and Long Haul)||L, G, S, K, P
||0.25 Velocity Points
|Discount Economy (Domestic New Zealand)||V, W, T, L, G
||0.25 Velocity Points
Velocity Points and Status Credits cannot be earned on:
- Air New Zealand flights to or from the Pacific Islands and Denpasar, Indonesia.
- From 1 November 2017 travel on Air New Zealand Trans Pacific flights to and from the Americas and flights to and from Asia will be ineligible for Points earn. View destinations ineligible for Points earn.
- Any domestic New Zealand services booked in a fare class of S, K or P which are operated by Air New Zealand or Air New Zealand link carriers.
- Reward Seat Bookings.
- Fare classes other than as specified above.
- Codeshare flights (Any flight with an NZ flight number that is operated by an airline other than Air New Zealand, Air New Zealand Link carriers, including Air Nelson, Eagle Airways and Mount Cook Airlines, and Virgin Australia).
- Any Air New Zealand flight where Airpoints Dollars have been used as a form of payment irrespective of the fare class flown.
- Upgraded fares: Members travelling on upgraded fares that were purchased with Airpoints Dollars or by bidding for an upgrade will earn per the rules of the original fare class purchased.
Please allow 14 days before Claiming Missing Points for Air New Zealand flights.
Pacific Island refers to one of the following Air New Zealand destinations:
- Apia, Samoa (APW)
- Bali, Indonesia (DPS)
- Nadi, Fiji (NAN)
- Niue (IUE)
- Norfolk Island (NLK)
- Noumea, New Caledonia (NOU)
- Nuku’alofa, Tonga (TBU)
- Papeete, Tahiti (PPT)
- Port Vila, Vanuatu (VLI)
- Rarotonga, Cook Islands (RAR)
Trans Pacific and Europe
Trans Pacific refers to the following Air New Zealand destinations:
- Honolulu, United States of America (HNL)
- Los Angeles, United States of America (LAX)
- San Francisco, United States of America (SFO)
- Houston, United States of America (IAH)
- Vancouver, Canada (YVR)
- Buenos Aires, Argentina (EZE)
- London Heathrow (LHR) via Los Angeles (LAX)
- Tokyo Narita (NRT)
- Osaka Kansai (KIX)
- Hong Kong (HKG)
- Shanghai (PVG)
- Singapore (SIN)
Destinations above are current as of 10 July 2017.
1. Earn rates are correct as at 28 May 2018 and are subject to change. Flights are governed by the operating carrier's terms and conditions, which can be viewed on the operating carrier's websites. Members travelling on Upgraded fares purchased with Points or any other subsidised means of Upgrades on Virgin Australia or our partner airlines will earn Points based on originally purchased fare classes. Check the Velocity Membership Terms and Conditions for details about earning Points