Earn from 4 Velocity Points per $1 spent, when you hire with Europcar1
Redeem your Velocity Points online with Europcar via Virgin Australia2
EARN AND REDEEM WITH EUROPCAR
Earn and redeem your Velocity Points with Europcar at more than 1,700 locations in Australia, New Zealand and around the world.
✓ Earn Velocity Points per $ spent when hiring a car in Australia and New Zealand
✓ Earn Velocity Points on a flat rate when hiring outside of Australia and New Zealand
✓ Earn Velocity Points with Europcar Global Driver Services
✓ Redeem your Velocity Points on car hire with Europcar
HOW MANY VELOCITY POINTS WILL I EARN?
The number of Velocity Points you earn with Europcar when hiring a car is based on your Velocity membership status.1
IN AUSTRALIA OR NEW ZEALAND
When hiring a car in Australia and New Zealand, as a Red member you will earn 4 Points per $; as a Silver member you will earn 4.5 Points per $; as a Gold member you will earn 5.25 Points per $; and as a Platinum member you will earn 6 Points per $.
OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND
When hiring a car outside of Australia and New Zealand, as a Red member you will receive a flat rate of 800 Points; as a Silver member you will receive 1,200 Points; as a Gold member you will receive 1,400 Points; and as a Platinum member you will receive 1,600 Points.
EARN DOUBLE POINTS WITH EUROPCAR
Earn double Velocity Points for car rental bookings made until 28 February 2019 for travel until 30 April 2019. That means you can earn from 8 Points per $1 spent*.
EARN POINTS WITH EUROPCAR GLOBAL DRIVER SERVICES
Europcar Global Driver Services offers a luxury professional chauffeur driven service.
Velocity members will receive 4 Points per $1 for every AUD dollar spent.
Tier bonuses apply, with Silver members earning 4.5 Points per $; Gold members earning 5.25 Points per $; and Platinum members earning 6 Points per $.
REDEEM YOUR POINTS FOR CAR HIRE WITH EUROPCAR
Redeem your Velocity Points online with Europcar, and pick up a vehicle in Australia, New Zealand, Great Britain, France, Italy, Portugal, Germany, Spain, Belgium, or Switzerland3.
You can use your Points to cover a partial amount or the full cost of the vehicle for rentals up to 28 days. The minimum Points level required to make a booking for a Car Rental Reward with Europcar is 4,000 Velocity Points.
CLAIM MISSING POINTS
Already booked a car and missing some Points?
If you booked a car and forgot to provide your Velocity number simply present it when you collect your eligible rental from Europcar to earn Points.
Alternatively, if you are missing Velocity Points you can make a claim within 3 months of the eligible transaction. You must have been a Velocity member at the time of activity.
Lodge your Points claim online directly with the car partner after you have returned your car.
* Europcar: Double Points offer available for Europcar bookings made between 31st January and 28th February 2019 for travel between 31st January – 30th April 2019. Double Points will only be applied to the first 28 days of the rental. Maximum length of rental must not exceed 28 days. Points will be applied to the rental component of the booking (including GST) only and does not apply to optional extras. The 'Double Points' promotional Code (PC) number 52850174 must be quoted at the time of reservation at a Europcar counter or by calling 1300 136 737 to redeem the offer. The promotional code (PC) number 52850174 is not required for online bookings via https://virginaustralia.com/cars. Valid at participating locations across Australia and New Zealand. Vehicles subject to availability. Europcar standard age, credit card and driver requirements apply. An online reservation restriction of at least four hours prior to vehicle pick up applies. Extra charges may apply to options you select, if you do not return the vehicle to the same pick up location or return the vehicle late, or if you do not return the vehicle full of fuel unless the prepaid fuel option is purchased, or if you incur infringements or use toll roads. Standard passenger vehicles include unlimited kilometres in metropolitan areas for up to 14 days, 200km per day for rentals in Country areas and 100km per day in Remote areas including all locations in the Northern Territory. For prestige vehicles 1-29 days 200 kms free per day, 30+ days 100 kms free per day with additional kilometres charged per kilometre. If there is Damage, theft of the Vehicle or Third Party Loss you must also pay up to the standard Damage Liability Fee (DLF). Optional Damage Cover Products may be purchased to reduce your liability, but there may be no cover under some circumstances. For more information refer to the “Terms and Conditions of Rental". Points are earned on the base cost (total time and kilometres) of rentals in Australia and New Zealand. To earn and redeem Velocity Points you must be a Velocity member. Velocity membership and Points earn and redemption are subject to the Member Terms and Conditions as amended from time to time.
1. Europcar Terms and Conditions
Points values shown are correct as at 01 October 2017 and are subject to change. All car rentals are governed by Europcar's standard Terms and Conditions. To earn Velocity Points you must be both a Velocity member and the main driver on the vehicle rental agreement with all details matching across both partners. Members will not earn Points on Tour Operators and Broker sites such as online third party rental and price comparison sites, Insurance & Leasing Replacement Vehicle Rates, Long term rentals extending beyond 30 days, Complimentary rentals, Supplemental rental products such as optional insurance, ski racks, infant seats, GPS etc. Should a member rent multiple vehicles at the same time, Points will only be earned on the rental of the vehicle returned first. Check the Velocity Membership Terms and Conditions for details about earning Velocity Points with Europcar.
2. Redemptions with Europcar
Car Rental Rewards are governed by Europcar's standard Rental Terms and Conditions applicable to the booking. You must be a Velocity Member to redeem Points for Car Rental Rewards with Europcar.
Redemption for Car Rental Rewards is only available for the following destinations: Australia, New Zealand, Great Britain, France, Italy, Portugal, Germany, Spain, Belgium and Switzerland, and is subject to availability at the time of booking. All redemptions are non-refundable and name changes are not permitted.
Car Rental Rewards can only be booked via cartrawler.virginaustralia.com
The minimum Points level required to make a booking for a Car Rental Reward with Europcar is 4,000 Velocity Points. The maximum duration for redemption rentals is 28 days. The actual Points required will vary depending on the car type, time of booking and date for which the booking is mad. Redemption levels are subject to change at the discretion of VRPL.
You can use your Points to cover a partial amount or the full amount of the cost of the vehicle rental including taxes and surcharges. Additional costs, such as prepaid fuel, damage liability reduction options, additional kilometres, baby seats and GPS units are not included and must be paid at the time of collection of the vehicle.
Changes to Car Rental Reward bookings can only be made by contacting Cartrawler directly on 02 8015 2643, and must be made at least 24 hours prior to the start date of the rental. Any changes made less than 24 hours prior to the start date of the rental (including not collecting the vehicle) will result in your Points being forfeited.
If you wish to change your rental to a smaller class of vehicle then any Points difference will be forfeited. Alternatively, if you:
a) upgrade your vehicle to a more expensive class; or
b) change your booking; and as a result of that change the price of the rental is greater than the original rental price, then you must pay the difference at the time of collection of the vehicle.
Queries after the time of collection of the vehicle must be directed to Europcar on 1300 13 13 90.
3. Car Hire General Terms and Conditions
In Australia and New Zealand the Points earn rate is based on the base rental cost of the vehicle. For the rest of the world you will earn a flat rate of 800 Points per rental. Members will not earn Points on contract rates, international wholesale rates, staff and industry rates, restricted rate plans, damage liability cover, optional insurance, vehicle registration fee, premium location fee, admin fee, taxes, GST, one way fees, age surcharges, additional driver fees and equipment such ski racks, baby/booster seats or GPS rental costs. Please note that not all car types will be available.
4. Price Promise
Car Rental Rewards are governed by Europcar's standard Rental Terms and Conditions applicable to the booking. You must be a Velocity Member to redeem Points for Car Rental Rewards with Europcar. All redemptions are non-refundable and name changes are not permitted. Car Rental Rewards can only be booked via cartrawler.virginaustralia.com. The actual Points required will vary depending on the car type, time of booking and date for which the booking is mad. Redemption levels are subject to change at the discretion of Virgin Australia. Additional costs, such as prepaid fuel, damage liability reduction options, additional kilometres, baby seats and GPS units are not included and must be paid at the time of collection of the vehicle. Changes to Car Rental Reward bookings can only be made by contacting Cartrawler directly on 02 8015 2643, and must be made at least 24 hours prior to the start date of the rental. Any changes made less than 24 hours prior to the start date of the rental (including not collecting the vehicle) will result in your Points being forfeited. If you wish to change your rental to a smaller class of vehicle then any Points difference will be forfeited. Velocity Membership and points earned and redemption is subject to the Member Terms and Conditions Velocityrewards.com.au, as amended from time to time.
The Price Promise is only available with our Preferred Suppliers (Thrifty, Hertz and Europcar) for rentals within Australia and New Zealand. The Price Promise does not apply to cancelled bookings or if a guest finds a cheaper rate through a travel agent, or by way of a corporate discount, private membership rate or when purchasing car hire as part of a holiday package. A Price Promise claim must be based on a like-for-like comparison between the retail rate provided through cartrawler.virginaustralia.com or as a Travel Extra while booking flights online via the Virgin Australia website and the retail rate provided online by the same Preferred Supplier with the exact same rental conditions, including:
- The same pick-up and drop-off locations
- The same time and dates
- The same vehicle make and model
- The same inclusions (baby seat, GPS, insurance waiver etc.)
- The same promotion rates or codes
- The same payment terms (Note that prepaid bookings with Preferred Suppliers are not eligible as comparisons for Price Promise claims)
If you are comparing discounted or promotional rates, the exact same discount or promotion must be included on the supplier’s site to form the basis of a valid claim. The vehicle at the lower price must be available online for instant confirmation. The Price Promise may be revised, amended, updated, and/or discontinued at the absolute discretion of Virgin Australia from time to time. The terms of the Price Promise which apply to a claim are those published on the Virgin Australia website at the time a claim is submitted.
Velocity membership terms and conditions apply.
If you are a member of the Velocity Frequent Flyer program, chauffeur services booked directly through Europcar accrue the benefits according to the earn rules and regulations. To ensure the applicable points are attributed to your account you must be the named passenger on the rental and the 'cardholder' of the chosen member rewards program
Please note - not all bookings are eligible for member rewards programs benefits. Exclusions include: bookings made through Tour Operators, Brokers (third parties), Leasing and Insurance Replacement companies. Other ineligible bookings incorporate bookings made utilising international wholesale rates, staff and industry rates, certain negotiated rates, complimentary, subsidised and prize-winning services.