Earn from 4 Velocity Points per $1 spent, when you hire with Europcar1
Redeem your Velocity Points online with Europcar via Virgin Australia2
EARN AND REDEEM WITH EUROPCAR
Earn and redeem your Velocity Points with Europcar at more than 1,700 locations in Australia, New Zealand and around the world.
✓ Earn Velocity Points per $ spent when hiring a car in Australia and New Zealand
✓ Earn Velocity Points on a flat rate when hiring outside of Australia and New Zealand
✓ Earn Velocity Points with Europcar Global Driver Services
✓ Redeem your Velocity Points on car hire with Europcar
HOW MANY VELOCITY POINTS WILL I EARN?
The number of Velocity Points you earn with Europcar when hiring a car is based on your Velocity membership status.1
IN AUSTRALIA OR NEW ZEALAND
When hiring a car in Australia and New Zealand, as a Red member you will earn 4 Points per $; as a Silver member you will earn 4.5 Points per $; as a Gold member you will earn 5.25 Points per $; and as a Platinum member you will earn 6 Points per $.
OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND
When hiring a car outside of Australia and New Zealand, as a Red member you will receive a flat rate of 800 Points; as a Silver member you will receive 1,200 Points; as a Gold member you will receive 1,400 Points; and as a Platinum member you will receive 1,600 Points.
EARN POINTS WITH EUROPCAR GLOBAL DRIVER SERVICES
Europcar Global Driver Services offers a luxury professional chauffeur driven service.
Velocity members will receive 4 Points per $1 for every AUD dollar spent.
Tier bonuses apply, with Silver members earning 4.5 Points per $; Gold members earning 5.25 Points per $; and Platinum members earning 6 Points per $.
REDEEM YOUR POINTS FOR CAR HIRE WITH EUROPCAR
Redeem your Velocity Points online with Europcar, and pick up a vehicle in Australia, New Zealand, Great Britain, France, Italy, Portugal, Germany, Spain, Belgium, or Switzerland3.
You can use your Points to cover a partial amount or the full cost of the vehicle for rentals up to 28 days. The minimum Points level required to make a booking for a Car Rental Reward with Europcar is 4,000 Velocity Points.
CLAIM MISSING POINTS
Already booked a car and missing some Points?
If you booked a car and forgot to provide your Velocity number simply present it when you collect your eligible rental from Europcar to earn Points.
Alternatively, if you are missing Velocity Points you can make a claim within 3 months of the eligible transaction. You must have been a Velocity member at the time of activity.
Lodge your Points claim online directly with the car partner after you have returned your car.
1 Europcar Competition Terms and Conditions
Game of Chance
Europcar 1 Million Points Promotion
1. Information on how to enter this Promotion, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each Entrant.
2. Entry is open to Australian and New Zealand residents aged 18 years and over who book a vehicle with Europcar between Friday 1 March 2019 and Sunday 07 April 2019 for travel during Friday 1 March 2019 to Saturday 31 August 2019 (Travel Period). The Promoter is CLA Trading Pty Ltd (trading as Europcar Australia) (ABN 81 082 220 399) of registered address 189 South Centre Road, Tullamarine, VIC 3043.
3. The directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of CLA Trading Pty Ltd (trading as Europcar Australia) (“The Promoter”), Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd (Virgin Australia),Velocity Frequent Flyer Pty Ltd, Engage Australia Digital Pty Limited, and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter this Promotion.
4. The Promotion commences at 00:01 am AEDT on 01 March 2019 and ends at 11:59 pm AEDT on 07 April 2019 (Promotion Period).
5. Subject to clause 8, entrants will earn one entry per eligible rental by booking with Europcar Australia or New Zealand. To enter the Promotion, entrants must:
a) Book an eligible rental vehicle with Europcar via www.virginaustralia.com, the Europcar microsite https://partner.europcar.com/virginaustralia/en/, the Europcar webpage www.europcar.com.au/velocitymillionaire , or the Virgin Australia co-branded partner website between 00:01 (AEDT) Friday 01 March 2019 and 23:59 (AEDT) Sunday 07 April 2019 ; or via calling the Europcar Guest Contact Centre on 1300 13 13 90 (AU) or 0800 800 115 (NZ).
b) Be a current Velocity member and provide their Velocity membership name and number at the time of the booking; and
c) be the named driver of the car rental agreement
6. One (1) Eligible Rental equates to one (1) valid entry. There is no limit to the number of entries per person for the duration of the Promotion Period.
7. An eligible rental includes; any passenger, prestige, specialty or commercial vehicle booked via www.virginaustralia.com, the Europcar microsite https://partner.europcar.com/virginaustralia/en/, the Europcar webpage www.europcar.com.au/velocitymillionaire , or the Virgin Australia co-branded partner website during the Promotional Period.
8. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of the Entrant books the rental vehicle. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter.
9. If a booking is cancelled or refunded at any time, then the entry or entries will be deemed invalid.
10. Illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
11. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction or otherwise including those entries not received by the Promoter.
12. If you enter the Promotion but no longer wish to participate, please email: email@example.com and you will be removed from the Promotion.
13. Costs associated with entering the Promotion remain an Entrant’s responsibility and may vary.
14. Any entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party will be invalid.
15. The winner must hold a valid Velocity Frequent Flyer membership or signup to become a member.
16. The draw will be conducted at 3.00pm AEDT on Thursday, 11 April 2019 at Engage Australia Pty Limited, Level 8, 56 Clarence Street, Sydney, NSW 2000
17. The Major Prize Winner will be notified by phone two (2) days after the draw and in writing seven (7) days after the draw where further contact information and details will be requested including, but not limited to, full name, phone, email, and address and have their name published in the Public Notices section of The Australian on Wednesday, 17 April 2019.
18. If a prize is not claimed within three (3) months of publication, a redraw will be conducted. If required, the redraw will be conducted on Friday, 19 July 2019 at 3:00 pm AEDT at Engage Australia Pty Limited, Level 8, 56 Clarence Street, Sydney, NSW 2000.
19. A redrawn Winner will be notified by phone two (2) days after the draw and in writing seven (7) days after the draw where further contact information and details will be requested including, but not limited to, full name, phone, email, and address and have their name published in the Public Notices section of The Australian on Friday, 26 July 2019.
20. Entries not fully complying with these Conditions of Entry may be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s discretion. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these Conditions of Entry, the entry will be discarded, and the relevant prize will be re-awarded in accordance with the relevant clause of these Conditions of Entry as if the discarded entry had not been received.
21. All decisions of the Promoter are final, and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into.
22. This is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the outcome.
23. The draw and the announcement of the prize winners will be scrutinised by an independent person (where “independent person” has the meaning given in the Lotteries and Art Unions Regulation 2014 (NSW).
24. There is one (1) Major Prize to be won in total, comprised of 1,000,000 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points.
25. Total prize pool has an estimated value of $37,000 AUD (excluding GST). The prize is not exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
26. The issuance of 1 million Velocity Frequent Flyer Points will not be awarded to the winner’s Velocity account (Velocity account must match the details of both the prize winner and the Europcar rental agreement) until completion of the Europcar rental associated with the prize draw. The points will be credited to the winner’s account within 28 days of complying with all competition terms and conditions.
27. Use of points is subject to the Velocity Members Terms and Conditions, which are located on the Velocity Frequent Flyer website at https://www.velocityfrequentflyer.com/content/TermsConditions/.
28. The prize will be awarded to the Entrant named in the entry.
Contacting the Entrant
29. Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
30. By accepting the prize, Winners agree to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed. Winners will not be entitled to any fee for participating in these activities.
31. The Promoter or Velocity may want a Winner to participate in promotional activity after the Promotion has ended. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to a Winner, the Winner permits the Winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the Winner’s participation in the prize to appear in any media whatsoever throughout the world for an unlimited period and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
32. The Promoter reserves the right to request that a Winner provides proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a Winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
33. The Promoter and Velocity will not be liable for any tax liability, including without limitation income tax, fringe benefits tax, or any liability or loss of opportunity due to reportable fringe benefits, incurred by a winner, an Entrant or their employer in regards to any connection with participating in the Promotion or the receipt or use of any prize.
34. Winners will be required to pay any taxes and other airport related charges (including any applicable GST on those taxes and charges) which may be due on receipt or use of the prize.
35. Entrants should seek independent financial advice to ensure they understand possible tax implications in relation to any tax liability and/or reportable fringe benefits before acceptance or use of a prize.
36. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for and makes no representations about any tax liability as a result of participating in the Promotion or from receiving or using any of the prizes.
37. The valid entry drawn will win 1,000,000 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points which may be redeemed for goods and services with an estimated value of $37,000. Velocity Points will be allocated to the Velocity Member’s Account only once the Promoter has verified that the Prize Winner can provide valid Velocity Frequent Flyer account details for the prize Points issuance. Value is based on a sample of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points options that could be obtained by redeeming the prize through the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program at the time of this Promotion (as more fully defined in the terms and conditions of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program which can be viewed at www.velocityfrequentflyer.com). The estimate of value is provided for the purposes of licensing this promotion only – the value of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points will vary depending on how and when they are redeemed by the winners through the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program.
38. The Velocity Frequent Flyer Points can be redeemed through the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program in several ways, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program and Velocity Frequent Flyer store.
39. The Promoter, its agents and associate companies are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any variation in the prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions.
40. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a Winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the Winner and/or the Winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion.
41. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these Conditions of Entry, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
42. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
43. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth) in Australia, or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). The Promoter and Velocity and their associated agencies and companies (and their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, for any direct, indirect or consequential injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way in connection with this Promotion or any prize/s. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect or inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this Promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; and (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize (including but not limited to any component of a Winner’s trip).
44. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Promotion. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
45. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, internet failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
46. The Promoter and Velocity are not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
49. Entrant’s personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and Winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
50. Authorised under permit numbers NSW: LTPS/19/32087; ACT: TP 19/02720; SA: T19/205
1. Europcar Terms and Conditions
Points values shown are correct as at 01 October 2017 and are subject to change. All car rentals are governed by Europcar's standard Terms and Conditions. To earn Velocity Points you must be both a Velocity member and the main driver on the vehicle rental agreement with all details matching across both partners. Members will not earn Points on Tour Operators and Broker sites such as online third party rental and price comparison sites, Insurance & Leasing Replacement Vehicle Rates, Long term rentals extending beyond 30 days, Complimentary rentals, Supplemental rental products such as optional insurance, ski racks, infant seats, GPS etc. Should a member rent multiple vehicles at the same time, Points will only be earned on the rental of the vehicle returned first. Check the Velocity Membership Terms and Conditions for details about earning Velocity Points with Europcar.
2. Redemptions with Europcar
Car Rental Rewards are governed by Europcar's standard Rental Terms and Conditions applicable to the booking. You must be a Velocity Member to redeem Points for Car Rental Rewards with Europcar.
Redemption for Car Rental Rewards is only available for the following destinations: Australia, New Zealand, Great Britain, France, Italy, Portugal, Germany, Spain, Belgium and Switzerland, and is subject to availability at the time of booking. All redemptions are non-refundable and name changes are not permitted.
Car Rental Rewards can only be booked via cartrawler.virginaustralia.com
The minimum Points level required to make a booking for a Car Rental Reward with Europcar is 4,000 Velocity Points. The maximum duration for redemption rentals is 28 days. The actual Points required will vary depending on the car type, time of booking and date for which the booking is mad. Redemption levels are subject to change at the discretion of VRPL.
You can use your Points to cover a partial amount or the full amount of the cost of the vehicle rental including taxes and surcharges. Additional costs, such as prepaid fuel, damage liability reduction options, additional kilometres, baby seats and GPS units are not included and must be paid at the time of collection of the vehicle.
Changes to Car Rental Reward bookings can only be made by contacting Cartrawler directly on 02 8015 2643, and must be made at least 24 hours prior to the start date of the rental. Any changes made less than 24 hours prior to the start date of the rental (including not collecting the vehicle) will result in your Points being forfeited.
If you wish to change your rental to a smaller class of vehicle then any Points difference will be forfeited. Alternatively, if you:
a) upgrade your vehicle to a more expensive class; or
b) change your booking; and as a result of that change the price of the rental is greater than the original rental price, then you must pay the difference at the time of collection of the vehicle.
Queries after the time of collection of the vehicle must be directed to Europcar on 1300 13 13 90.
3. Car Hire General Terms and Conditions
In Australia and New Zealand the Points earn rate is based on the base rental cost of the vehicle. For the rest of the world you will earn a flat rate of 800 Points per rental. Members will not earn Points on contract rates, international wholesale rates, staff and industry rates, restricted rate plans, damage liability cover, optional insurance, vehicle registration fee, premium location fee, admin fee, taxes, GST, one way fees, age surcharges, additional driver fees and equipment such ski racks, baby/booster seats or GPS rental costs. Please note that not all car types will be available.
4. Price Promise
Car Rental Rewards are governed by Europcar's standard Rental Terms and Conditions applicable to the booking. You must be a Velocity Member to redeem Points for Car Rental Rewards with Europcar. All redemptions are non-refundable and name changes are not permitted. Car Rental Rewards can only be booked via cartrawler.virginaustralia.com. The actual Points required will vary depending on the car type, time of booking and date for which the booking is mad. Redemption levels are subject to change at the discretion of Virgin Australia. Additional costs, such as prepaid fuel, damage liability reduction options, additional kilometres, baby seats and GPS units are not included and must be paid at the time of collection of the vehicle. Changes to Car Rental Reward bookings can only be made by contacting Cartrawler directly on 02 8015 2643, and must be made at least 24 hours prior to the start date of the rental. Any changes made less than 24 hours prior to the start date of the rental (including not collecting the vehicle) will result in your Points being forfeited. If you wish to change your rental to a smaller class of vehicle then any Points difference will be forfeited. Velocity Membership and points earned and redemption is subject to the Member Terms and Conditions Velocityrewards.com.au, as amended from time to time.
The Price Promise is only available with our Preferred Suppliers (Thrifty, Hertz and Europcar) for rentals within Australia and New Zealand. The Price Promise does not apply to cancelled bookings or if a guest finds a cheaper rate through a travel agent, or by way of a corporate discount, private membership rate or when purchasing car hire as part of a holiday package. A Price Promise claim must be based on a like-for-like comparison between the retail rate provided through cartrawler.virginaustralia.com or as a Travel Extra while booking flights online via the Virgin Australia website and the retail rate provided online by the same Preferred Supplier with the exact same rental conditions, including:
- The same pick-up and drop-off locations
- The same time and dates
- The same vehicle make and model
- The same inclusions (baby seat, GPS, insurance waiver etc.)
- The same promotion rates or codes
- The same payment terms (Note that prepaid bookings with Preferred Suppliers are not eligible as comparisons for Price Promise claims)
If you are comparing discounted or promotional rates, the exact same discount or promotion must be included on the supplier’s site to form the basis of a valid claim. The vehicle at the lower price must be available online for instant confirmation. The Price Promise may be revised, amended, updated, and/or discontinued at the absolute discretion of Virgin Australia from time to time. The terms of the Price Promise which apply to a claim are those published on the Virgin Australia website at the time a claim is submitted.
Velocity membership terms and conditions apply.
If you are a member of the Velocity Frequent Flyer program, chauffeur services booked directly through Europcar accrue the benefits according to the earn rules and regulations. To ensure the applicable points are attributed to your account you must be the named passenger on the rental and the 'cardholder' of the chosen member rewards program
Please note - not all bookings are eligible for member rewards programs benefits. Exclusions include: bookings made through Tour Operators, Brokers (third parties), Leasing and Insurance Replacement companies. Other ineligible bookings incorporate bookings made utilising international wholesale rates, staff and industry rates, certain negotiated rates, complimentary, subsidised and prize-winning services.
2Europcar Global Driver Services: Double Points offer available for Europcar Global Driver Services bookings made between March 22nd - June 28th 2019 for travel between March 22nd - June 28th 2019. The 'Double Points' offer is available to Velocity members at the time of reservation for online bookings via https://actlimo.com.au/europcar. Valid at participating locations across Australia. Offer subject to availability. Points cannot be earned on tolls, waiting time, meals, entrance fees, mobile phone usage, Airport Ground Service Charges, fuel surcharges, accommodation, venue costs, other incidental fees or additional surcharges.
To earn and redeem Velocity Points you must be a Velocity member and create your profile with ACT Limos via https://actlimo.com.au/join_preferred_rider_europcar. Velocity membership and Points earn and redemption are subject to the Member Terms and Conditions as amended from time to time. For full ACT Limo Terms and conditions please see the ACT Limo Terms and Conditions.