Earn Velocity Points when you hire a car with Hertz
Redeem your Velocity Points online with Hertz.
EARN POINTS WITH HERTZ
Earn Velocity Points with Hertz car hire at more than 3,700 locations in Australia, New Zealand and around the world¹.
✓ Earn Velocity Points per $ spent when hiring a car in Australia and New Zealand
✓ Earn Velocity Points on a flat rate when hiring a car outside of Australia and New Zealand
DOUBLE POINTS PLUS A FREE UPGRADE
Earn double Velocity Points for bookings made before 28 February 2019 for travel in Australia until 30 April and New Zealand between 1 March - 30 April 2019. Plus, enjoy a free upgrade subject to availability*.
HOW MANY VELOCITY POINTS WILL I EARN?
The number of Velocity Points you earn with Hertz when hiring a car is based on your Velocity membership status.1
IN AUSTRALIA OR NEW ZEALAND
When hiring a car in Australia and New Zealand, Red members will earn 3 Points per $; Silver members will receive an additional 50% Points; Gold members will receive an additional 75% Points; and Platinum members will receive an additional 100% Points.
OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND
When hiring a car outside of Australia and New Zealand, as a Red member you will receive a flat rate of 800 Points; as a Silver member you will receive 1,200 Points; as a Gold member you will receive 1,400 Points; and as a Platinum member you will receive 1,600 Points.
CLAIM MISSING POINTS
Already booked a car and missing some Points?
If you booked a car and forgot to provide your Velocity number simply present it when you collect your vehicle from Hertz car hire to earn Points.
Alternatively, if you are missing Velocity Points you can make a claim within 3 months of the eligible transaction. You must have been a Velocity member at the time of activity.
Lodge your Points claim online directly with Hertz after you have returned your car.
To follow up on a missing claim please email Hertz at email@example.com.
* Double Points offer: Promotional Coupon 204931 must be quoted at time of reservation to redeem the offer via virginaustralia.com/hertz. This offer must be used in the booking period between 31st January 2019 and the 28th February 2019 for travel from 31st January 2019 to 30th April 2019 in Australia and 1st March 2019 to the 30th April 2019 in New Zealand for members to receive double Velocity Points and upgrade. Free upgrade is subject to availability at the time of rental pick up. Rental days are based on a twenty-four (24) hour period. A fifty-nine (59) minute grace period is allowed for returns. Returns outside the grace period will be charged up to an extra day rental fee. Offer excludes taxes, fees, optional products and services. Offer is non-discountable and cannot be combined with any other promotion, special offer or coupon. Offer applies to the following vehicle groups and is subject to availability at time of vehicle collection: Compact Auto to Intermediate Auto, Intermediate Auto to Standard Auto, Standard Auto to Full-Size, Full Size to Premium Full Size. All Groups Hertz standard driver and credit qualifications in effect at the time and place of rental apply. Minimum driver age without surcharge is 21 years. Drivers aged 21- 24 may be eligible to rent subject to an age differential charge. Vehicle models may differ and specifications may vary by location. Vehicles can be reserved by car group only and not by particular car model or colour. Fleet subject to change without notice. Terms and conditions subject to change without notice. Points are earned on the base cost (total time and kilometres) of rentals in Australia and New Zealand. Points are not earned on optional extras. To earn and redeem Velocity Points you must be a Velocity member. Velocity membership and Points earn and redemption are subject to the Velocity Member Terms and Conditions as amended from time to time.
1. Hertz Terms and Conditions
Points values shown are correct as at 26 June 2014 and are subject to change. It will take approximately 30 business days for Velocity Points to be credited to the Velocity member’s account from date of hire. Members will earn Points on Hertz passenger and luxury vehicles, commercial, 4WD and minibuses. All car rentals are governed by Hertz's standard Terms and Conditions which differ by rental location. Check the individual terms and conditions of a rental location and enter the location name. Check the Velocity Membership Terms and Conditions for details about earning Velocity Points with Hertz.
2. Car Hire General Terms and Conditions
In Australia and New Zealand the Points earn rate is based on the base rental cost of the vehicle. For the rest of world you will earn a flat rate of 800 Points per rental. Members will not earn Points on contract rates, international wholesale rates, staff and industry rates, restricted rate plans, damage liability cover, optional insurance, vehicle registration fee, premium location fee, admin fee, taxes, GST, one way fees, age surcharges, additional driver fees and equipment such ski racks, baby/booster seats or GPS rental costs. Please note that not all car types will be available.
3. Price Promise
The Price Promise is only available with our Preferred Suppliers (Thrifty, Hertz and Europcar) for rentals within Australia and New Zealand. The Price Promise does not apply to cancelled bookings or if a guest finds a cheaper rate through a travel agent, or by way of a corporate discount, private membership rate or when purchasing car hire as part of a holiday package. A Price Promise claim must be based on a like-for-like comparison between the retail rate provided through cartrawler.virginaustralia.com or as a Travel Extra while booking flights online via the Virgin Australia website and the retail rate provided online by the same Preferred Supplier with the exact same rental conditions, including:
- The same pick-up and drop-off locations
- The same time and dates
- The same vehicle make and model
- The same inclusions (baby seat, GPS, insurance waiver etc.)
- The same promotion rates or codes
- The same payment terms (Note that prepaid bookings with Preferred Suppliers are not eligible as comparisons for Price Promise claims)
If you are comparing discounted or promotional rates, the exact same discount or promotion must be included on the supplier’s site to form the basis of a valid claim. The vehicle at the lower price must be available online for instant confirmation. The Price Promise may be revised, amended, updated, and/or discontinued at the absolute discretion of Virgin Australia from time to time. The terms of the Price Promise which apply to a claim are those published on the Virgin Australia website at the time a claim is submitted.