Earn Velocity Points direct with our hotel partners or convert your hotel loyalty points into Velocity Points.
Redeem your Velocity Points for hotel stays at over 550,000 leading hotels around the world2.
BOOK DIRECTLY WITH ONE OF OUR PARTNER HOTELS AND EARN VELOCITY POINTS
Earn Velocity Points in your sleep by booking with Velocity Hotel partners.
Earn 3 Velocity Points per $1 spent at Crown Hotels3 and experience the unsurpassed opulence of Crown Towers, the contemporary luxury of Crown Metropol, or the relaxed style of Crown Promenade.
Earn up to 3 Velocity Points per $1 when you book a holiday at Hamilton Island4. Experience the Whitsundays and enjoy one of Australia’s most spectacular holidays destinations in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef.
Step 1: Sign up to the Le Club AccorHotels program
Step 2: Select Velocity as your automatic points conversion partner
Step 3: Stay at an AccorHotels property including Sofitel, Novotel, Pullman, Ibis, the Sebel and more.
Conversion Rate: 1 Le Club Point is equivalent to 1 Velocity Point. Once you reach 4,000 Le Club points, they will automatically convert to Velocity Points.
Intercontinental Hotels Group
Step 1: Sign up to the IHG Rewards Club
Step 2: Select Airline Miles under Preferences and set Velocity as your automatic points conversion partner.
Step 3: Stay at Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza Hotels, Holiday Inn and more.
Earn 3 Points per $1AUD or 600 Points per stay on selected hotels outside Australia.
PAN PACIFIC HOTELS
Earn 3 Velocity Points per $1 spent when you add your Velocity number at time of booking and stay at a Pan Pacific Hotels Group including Pan Pacific Hotels and Resorts and PARKROYAL Hotels & Resorts worldwide.
Earn 3 Velocity Points per $1 when you show your Velocity card at check-in at Park Regis and Leisure Inn properties across Australia and earn 1,000 Points per stay at international Park Regis and Leisure Inn properties.
Earn 3 Velocity Points per $1 spent at Langham hotels within Australia or 1,000 Velocity Points per stay at hotels outside Australia when you show your Velocity card at check-in.
SHANGRI-LA HOTELS AND RESORTS
Earn 3 Velocity Points per $1 spent at any Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Traders Hotels, Kerry Hotels or Hotel Jen within Australia or 1,000 Velocity Points per stay at hotels outside Australia when you show your Velocity card at check-in.
AYERS ROCK RESORT
Earn 3 Velocity Points per $1 on your stay in Australia’s spiritual heart – Uluru, when you book direct with participating Ayers Rock Resort hotels and add your Velocity number at time of booking.
Virgin Limited Edition is Sir Richard Branson’s award-winning collection of unique retreats and luxury hotels chosen for the beautiful locations and magnificent surroundings14.
Earn 3 Velocity Points per $1 spent when you stay at View Hotels including North Sydney Harbourview Hotel, Melbourne Parkview Hotel and Brisbane Riverview Hotel. Experience the views and enjoy the intimate & friendly atmosphere when staying with View15.
REDEEM YOUR POINTS FOR HOTEL STAYS
As a member of our Velocity Frequent Flyer loyalty program, you can redeem your Velocity Points for hotel accommodation at leading properties all around the world2. You just need a minimum of 4,000 Velocity Points to redeem a stay or use Points and Pay to cover the difference. You’ll also earn 3 Points per $1 on any cash component of your booking. Get inspired for your next trip! Explore our most popular destinations.
EARN 5,000 VELOCITY POINTS WITH AN ACCOR PLUS MEMBERSHIP
Accor Plus is Asia Pacific’s most expansive travel, dining and lifestyle program. When you join Accor Plus, you save up to 50% when dining, all year round, at over 800 AccorHotels restaurants across Asia-Pacific, including over 200 restaurants in Australia.
Plus, you also receive a complimentary night stay each year at your choice of AccorHotels, exclusive room rates, unique member events and more. Be rewarded with 5,000 Velocity Points when you join Accor Plus16.
1. A Qualifying Stay is one or more consecutive nights at the same hotel, whether you check in or out more than once, at the hotel’s Qualifying Room Rates (generally the standard rate, not a discounted or group rate). Qualifying Room Rates generally do not include promotional rates, wholesale packages, conference rates and group tour rates, employee discount rates, rates booked through third party web sites offering discounted 'distressed' inventory or 'last minute' accommodation deals, Member benefits discount rate and award or discount certificates, free or complimentary hotel stays, special rates offered through travel agencies, special rates offered to airline crew, airline employees, travel agent employees, Hotel employees or other industry discount rates. All hotel stays are governed by the individual hotels’ terms and conditions; please refer to the individual hotels’ website for full terms and conditions. Check the Velocity Terms and Conditions for details about earning Velocity Points with hotel partners. Please allow 2-8 weeks for Points to be allocated to your Velocity Account. Please ensure the name on the Velocity Account provided matches the name under which the hotel booking is made in order to earn Points for your stay.
The above General Terms and Conditions apply for each hotel partner unless specified in the individual partner terms and conditions listed below.
2. The minimum Points required to make a booking for a hotel stay via hotels.velocityfrequentflyer.com is 4,000 Velocity Points. The actual Points required vary depending on the hotel, time of booking and date for which the booking is made. Redemption levels are subject to change at the discretion of Velocity Frequent Flyer. You can use your Points to cover a partial amount or the full amount of the hotel room rate including taxes and surcharges. Additional costs, such as in-room charges, early check-in, late check-out and upgrades are not included and must be paid at the time of hotel check-out. Where cash is used as part payment for the hotel room, Members earn 3 Points per $1 AUD spent.
3. Crown Towers, Crown Metropol, Crown Promenade, Crown Promenade Perth and Crown Metropol Perth: Velocity Points earn is based on Qualifying Room Rate. From 1 May 2013, Points will no longer be earned on ancillary hotel spend such as mini bar, room service, food and beverages, telephone, laundry and “pay per view” charges. Velocity Points cannot be earned on free or complimentary hotel stays, stays purchased as part of a packaged holiday, stays at industry discount rates, stays at group rates or special promotion rates, stays in conjunction with any other Reward offer or Reward’s based program, stays booked through travel agencies or special rates offered to industry employees, stays booked using gift vouchers, meeting room hire, weddings or event related expenditures.
4. Hamilton Island: You must stay at a hotel that is operated by Hamilton Island Enterprises (HIE). Eligible Hotels are Palm Bungalows, Reef View Hotel, Beach Club and qualia. Points are only awarded on the dollar-spend on room-inclusive packages (Room-only bookings, Room and breakfast bookings, Bundled accommodation-inclusive packages as advertised on the hamiltonisland.com.au or qualia.com.au websites). Your stay must be booked directly with Hamilton Island Holidays via the following eligible channels, the official Hamilton Island website – hamiltonisland.com.au; the official qualia website – qualia.com.au; or via the Hamilton Island Holidays Call Centre (tel 13 7333). Further conditions apply and can be viewed in full at hamiltonisland.com.au/velocity-terms.
5. TOGA Hospitality Group: Adina Apartment Hotels, Medina Serviced Apartments, Vibe Hotels, Rendezvous Hotels, Travelodge Hotels and TFE Hotels Collection - Velocity Points can be earned on accommodation rate only when charged to the Member’s room, when the rate is equal to or above the specified rate threshold for the hotel. To earn Points please remember to quote your Velocity number at the time of booking or upon check-in at the hotel. Consecutive bookings are not eligible for points. Points cannot be split between two or more members occupying the room. Points will only be issued to the person who’s name is on the invoice for the hotel stay. Points are not awarded for no-shows or bookings made through third party channels. Points can only be earned on a maximum of seven nights per stay. Points earn is only eligible for up to 3 paid rooms per member card for any common stay period. Rate exclusions and thresholds apply and are subject to change, please check with the hotel upon booking or visit TFEhotels.com for the threshold for your hotel and full terms and conditions.
6. Le Club AccorHotels: The minimum transferrable amount is 4,000 Le Club AccorHotels Points per conversion, which is equivalent to 4,000 Velocity Points. Members must login to their Le Club AccorHotels membership account to transfer their Le Club AccorHotels points to Velocity. Please allow up to six weeks for your Points to be credited to your Velocity account. After your Le Club AccorHotels Points are converted into Velocity Points, these Points are subject to the Velocity Frequent Flyer general member terms and conditions. View terms and conditions of the Le Club AccorHotels loyalty program.
7. InterContinental Hotels Group: InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Holiday Inn Resort®, Holiday Inn Club Vacations®, Staybridge Suites® and Candlewood Suites®. To earn Velocity Points whenever you stay within the InterContinental Hotels Group you must be a member of the IHG Rewards Club Program (join at www.ihgrewardsclub.com) and select Virgin Australia as your Preferred Frequent Flyer Program. For more instructions please visit Earning Points with IHG. For details on the Velocity Points earning structure including full IHG Rewards Club Program terms and conditions visit IHG.
8. Pan Pacific Hotels & Resorts and PARKROYAL Hotels & Resorts: Points are earned on Qualifying Stays booked directly with the hotel, including online at panpacific.com and parkroyal.com. You must register your Velocity number at the time of booking. Points are not awarded for bookings made through third party channels.
9. The StayWell Hospitality Group: Park Regis, Leisure Inn and Piermonde Apartments. Bookings must be made direct with participating properties via the hotel website, email, fax, phone or in person. Velocity Points are not awarded for bookings made via travel agents or other third party channels. Guests staying at Leisure Inn Hobart Macquarie, Leisure Inn Penny Royal, Leisure Inn Woolmers Inn, Leisure Inn Waterfront Lodge and Lido Suites are not eligible to earn Velocity Points. Ancillary items such as restaurant dining, mini-bar, telephone charges and laundry are also not eligible to earn Velocity Points.
10. Sage Hotels: SilverNeedle Hospitality – Points are earned on Qualifying Stays booked directly with participating SilverNeedle hotels (Grand Chifley, Chifley, Australis, Country Comfort, Sundowner Hotels, Sage Hotels and Next Hotels), including online bookings. To earn Points please quote your Velocity number at the time of booking or upon arrival/departure of the hotel. If you have booked online, quote your Velocity number upon arrival/departure. Points are not awarded for bookings made through third party channels. Points can only be earned on a maximum of seven nights per stay.
11. Langham Hospitality Group: Velocity Points are earned on Qualifying Stays under a Qualifying Room Rates at Participating Hotels only. A Qualifying Stay consists of a maximum of 3 rooms on any one night and a maximum of 7 nights per stay (where a stay consists of consecutive nights spent at the same domestic hotel). Velocity Points will not be earned on stays in excess of Qualifying Stays. A maximum of 1,000 Velocity Points may be earned per Qualifying Stay at an international hotel outside of Australia. Qualifying Room Rate means the hotel published room rate for the Qualifying Stay including, but not limited to, rates found on langhamhotels.com or any Langham or affiliate hotel website. Qualifying Room Rates exclude complimentary, free or barter rooms including, but not limited to, any free night awards; travel agent wholesale rate and tour packages including, but not limited to, pre-paid bookings made and paid through tour operators, online travel agents; airline employee and crew rates; group rates; qualified discount rates including travel industry discount rates, family rates and government rates and certain special promotional rates. Advance reservations required and subject to room availability. A valid Velocity membership card must be produced for Points to be credited. Only one Velocity Frequent Flyer member will receive Velocity Points per room booking.
12. Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts: Velocity Points are earned on Qualifying Stays under a Qualifying Room Rate at Shangri-La hotels, resorts, Hotel Jen, Kerry hotels and such other hotels participating in the Golden Circle, published on the Golden Circle website goldencircle.shangri-la.com from time to time. Your stay must be booked directly with Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts website at shangri-la.com/shangrila/reservations/ or via their Worldwide Reservations system. Velocity membership card must be presented or the membership number must be provided upon check-in for Points to be awarded. Velocity membership card details must match the name on the reservation in order for Velocity Points to be credited. Only one member may earn per room booking. If a member reserves multiple rooms, only the non-discounted or corporate rate on the room that the member has physically occupied will be eligible to earn Velocity Points. Velocity Points will be credited to the Member’s Velocity membership account when the preference to earn Velocity Points is selected prior to check-out, and once made, the final selection cannot be amended. Please allow 4-6 weeks for Points to be credited to your account. After such time should Points still not be awarded, contact the hotel with your receipt. Points are not earned on discounted or corporate rates. For more details on earning Velocity Points with Shangri-La please view terms and conditions.
13. Voyages: Members will only earn Points for Qualifying Stays booked directly with Voyages at the following participating properties: Sails in the Desert (Ayers Rock Resort), Desert Gardens Hotel ( Ayers Rock Resort), Emu Walk Apartments (Ayers Rock Resort), Outback Pioneer Hotel (Ayers Rock Resort) and Home Valley Station (Western Australia). Excludes stays on which a member earns points under a loyalty program other than the Velocity Program. Points earn is eligible on room rates only. Meals including breakfast (bundled or not), touring and all other charges are excluded. Please ensure you provide your Velocity Membership number at the time of booking or upon check in or departure to earn Points for your stay.
14.. Virgin Limited Edition: Participating properties are listed below. Points will be earned on each Qualifying Stay as outlined below. Qualifying Stay means each night for each room booked at a Participating Property, excluding Necker Island where stay of 7 nights in a double room is required. Bookings are subject to availability and blackout dates may apply. Virgin Limited Edition terms and conditions apply (and can be found at www.virginlimitededition.com).
(a) Necker Island in the British Virgin Islands – 35,000 Points per Qualifying Stay;
(b) Ulusaba Private Game Reserve in South Africa – 4,000 Points per Qualifying Stay;
(c) Mahali Mzuri Kenyan Safari Camp – 4,000 Points per Qualifying Stay;
(d) The Lodge in Verbier, Switzerland – 3,000 Points per Qualifying Stay;
(e) Kasbah Tamadot in Morocco – 1,500 Points per Qualifying Stay;
(f) Mont Rochelle in South Africa – 750 Points per Qualifying Stay;
- Ulusaba Private Game Reserve and Kasbah Tamadot only - Points can be evenly split between two Members sharing a room. To split Points, Members must notify the hotel at the time they make a booking that they wish to split the points between Members. The hotel will be responsible for managing Points split. Points can only be earned on one room per night per booking.
- The Lodge only - Points cannot be split between Members sharing a room. Points can only be earned on one room per night per booking.
- Mahali Mzuri Kenyan Safari Camp - Points can be evenly split between two Members sharing a room. Claims by one member for multiple rooms are not permitted. Points cannot be claimed on ‘free nights’ as part of any applicable Free Night Offers.
15. View Hotels: Velocity Points are earned on Qualifying Stays booked directly with View Hotels, including online at viewhotels.com.au, phone, email or walk in. To be eligible to earn Velocity Points, you must hold a current Velocity membership and register it at time of booking. Points are not awarded for bookings made through third party channels. Points can only be earned on the cost of room bookings. Incidentals, add-ons offered as "extras" or optional items (including, but not limited to, in-room movies, food, beverages, telephone service, etc.) are not eligible for Points earn.
16. Accor Plus: Membership in the Accor Plus membership program operates in accordance with the Accor Plus Terms and Conditions. Velocity Frequent Flyer members are eligible for 5,000 Velocity Points upon joining Accor Plus with a Primary membership online and upon subsequent renewal of their Primary membership annually. Points are only able to be earned by the member who is named in the Accor Plus membership. Valid Velocity Frequent Flyer Membership number must be provided at the time of purchasing your Accor Plus Membership to earn Points. Please allow 2-8 weeks for Points to be allocated to your Velocity Account. When a member dines alone the member will receive a 25% discount on food, when a member and one other person dine a 50% discount on food applies, when three people dine the discount will be 33% and when four people dine the discount will be 25% and so on. To earn and redeem Velocity Points you must be a Velocity member. Velocity membership and Points earn and redemption are subject to the Member Terms and Conditions, as amended from time to time.
*These are general Terms and Conditions for the double Velocity Points on hotels offer. Individual Terms and Conditions apply for each individual hotel partner. These can be found below. Members will earn Double Points with direct earn hotel partners on eligible/qualifying stays. All exclusions, qualifying/eligible stays and qualifying/eligible room rates are outlined in the individual partner Terms and Conditions. For AccorHotels and International InterContinental Hotels Group members must switch on automatic conversion of their hotel loyalty Points to Velocity Points to be eligible to earn double Points. This can be done online in the account settings of your membership with the respective partner. For all other hotel partners, members must book direct with the hotel partner and include their Velocity Membership number in their booking. All hotel stays are governed by the individual hotels’ terms and conditions; please refer to the individual hotels’ website for full terms and conditions. Check the Velocity Member Terms and Conditions for details about earning Velocity Points with hotel partners. Please allow up to 8 weeks for Points to be allocated to your Velocity Account. Please ensure the name on the Velocity Account provided matches the name under which the hotel booking is made in order to earn Points for your stay. To earn and redeem Velocity Points you must be a Velocity member and the main driver on the rental agreement. Velocity Member Terms and Conditions apply.