Earn from 3 Velocity Points per $1 spent, when you hire a car with Thrifty.
Redeem your velocity points for up to $60 to spend on fuel or in store
EARN POINTS WITH THRIFTY
Earn Velocity Points with Thrifty at more than 170 locations in Australia or over 30 locations in New Zealand.
✓ Earn Velocity Points per $ spent when hiring in Australia and New Zealand
HOW MANY VELOCITY POINTS WILL I EARN?
The number of Velocity Points you earn with Thrifty when hiring a car is based on your Velocity membership status1. When hiring a car with Thrifty, Red members will earn 3 Points per $1 spent; Silver members will receive an additional 50% Points; Gold members will receive an additional 75% Points; and Platinum members will receive an additional 100% Points.
CLAIM MISSING POINTS
Already booked a car and missing some Points?
If you booked a car and forgot to provide your Velocity number simply present it when you collect your vehicle from Thrifty car hire to earn Points.
Alternatively, if you are missing Velocity Points you can make a claim within 3 months of the eligible transaction. You must have been a Velocity member at the time of activity, however you can claim missing Points for an activity completed within the 30 days prior to joining Velocity Frequent Flyer.
If it has been more than 30 days since you returned your Thrifty vehicle and you are missing eligible Points you can lodge a claim online.
Book car hire online with Virgin Australia and receive the lowest retail rates with Thrifty, as assured by our Price Promise³.
- Rent a Thrifty passenger vehicle from the following vehicle groups, Compact Auto, Intermediate Auto, Standard Auto Full Size and Premium Full Size to receive double Points. These vehicles are subject to availability at the time of collection.
- Valid for bookings made between 11 June 2019 to 10 July 2019.
- Valid for Travel between 11 June 2019 to 30 August 2019.
- Minimum 4 days rental.
- Available at the following locations Adelaide Airport, Adelaide City, Artarmon, Brisbane Airport, Brisbane City, Brookvale, Bundaberg, Bundaberg Airport, Cairns, Canberra City, Domain – Sydney, Emerald Airport, Gladstone Airport, Hervey Bay, Hervey Bay Airport, Hobart, Hobart City, Hornsby, Launceston, Launceston City, Maryborough, Melbourne City, Melbourne Airport, Perth Airport, Perth City, Port Douglas, Rockhampton Airport, Sydney Airport, Sydney City, Sydney Darlinghurst, Thangool Airport, Williamtown Airport
- This offer is only available for bookings made through cartrawler.virginaustralia.com (link to landing page) or through thrifty.com.au when using promotional code VADBLPTWEB.
- Offer is subject to availability and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion, special offer, coupon, corporate discounted rate or for existing bookings.
- Drivers must meet the standard age, driver’s licence and credit requirements of Thrifty.
- Points are earned on the base cost (total time and kilometres). Points are not earned on optional extras such as one way fees, young driver fees, additional driver fees, Baby seats, Booster seats, Strollers, GPS units, Prepaid Fuel, Excess Reduction products and Snow Pass.
- All rentals are subject to the terms and conditions of the rental agreement.
- Velocity Member Terms and Conditions apply.
1. Car Hire General Terms and Conditions
In Australia and New Zealand the Points earn rate is based on the base rental cost of the vehicle. Members will not earn Points on contract rates, international wholesale rates, staff and industry rates, restricted rate plans, damage liability cover, optional insurance, vehicle registration fee, premium location fee, admin fee, taxes, GST, one way fees, age surcharges, additional driver fees and equipment such ski racks, baby/booster seats or GPS rental costs. Please note that not all car types will be available.
2. Thrifty Terms and Conditions
Earn Velocity Points with every Thrifty rental. Simply quote your Velocity membership number on your next rental. To earn Velocity Points you must be a Velocity member and the rental must be in the Velocity members’ name. When hiring in Australia and New Zealand with Thrifty, Velocity members earn 3 Points per $1 spent and Silver, Gold and Platinum members earn bonus Points on top of the base Points earned depending on their membership status. All car rentals are governed by Thrifty's standard rental rental Terms and Conditions. To earn and redeem Velocity Points you must be a Velocity member. Velocity membership and Points earn and redemption are subject to the Velocity Membership Terms and Conditions, as amended from time to time. If you have not received Velocity Points 30 days after you returned your vehicle to Thrifty, please complete this claim form within 3 months of your rental to get retroactive Velocity Points added to your Velocity membership.
3. Price Promise
Price Promise is only available with our Preferred Suppliers Thrifty, Hertz and Europcar for rentals within Australia and New Zealand.
The Price Promise does not apply to cancelled bookings or if a guest finds a cheaper rate through a travel agent, or by way of a corporate discount, private membership rate or when purchasing car hire as part of a holiday package.
A Price Promise claim must be based on a like-for-like comparison between the retail rate provided through cartrawler.virginaustralia.com or as a Travel Extra while booking flights online via the Virgin Australia website and the retail rate provided online by the same Preferred Supplier with the exact same rental conditions.
Rental conditions include:
- The same pick-up and drop-off locations
- The same time and dates
- The same vehicle make and model
- The same inclusions (baby seat, GPS, insurance waiver etc.)
- The same promotion rates or codes
If you are comparing discounted or promotional rates, the exact same discount or promotion must be included on the supplier’s site to form the basis of a valid claim. The vehicle at the lower price must be available online for instant confirmation.
The Price Promise may be revised, amended, updated, and/or discontinued at the absolute discretion of Virgin Australia from time to time. The terms of the Price Promise which apply to a claim are those published on the Virgin Australia website at the time a claim is submitted.