Flybuys & Velocity Points Millionaire Competition Terms & Conditions
1. The competition is a game of chance and is authorised under the permits.
2. The material used to market and promote the competition forms part of the competition terms. If there is an inconsistency between the material used to market and promote the competition and the competition terms, the competition terms prevail.
Eligibility to enter
3. During the competition period, anyone may enter the competition, provided that they are:
(a) over 18 years of age;
(b) a resident of Australia;
(c) a valid current Flybuys member (or new Flybuys member who joins during the competition period) and a valid current Velocity Frequent Flyer member (or new Velocity Frequent Flyer member who joins during the competition period). To be a valid Flybuys member the Flybuys member account must include the member’s first and last name, a postal address, an email address and a contact phone number current at time of draw and prize distribution; and
(d) not an employee or immediate family member of the promoter or Velocity Frequent Flyer or an agent of the promoter who is connected with the competition.
4. By entering the competition, entrants accept the competition terms.
5. To receive an automatic entry (or entries) in the prize draw entrants must do one or more of the following actions between 12:01am (AEST) on 01/10/2021 and 11:59pm (AEDT) on 30/11/2021 (Competition Period):
a) Existing Linked Flybuys & Velocity Members (Members who have linked their Flybuys Account to their Velocity Account but have not turned on Auto Transfer)
Receive 1 entry into the prize draw for every 1,000 points you manually transfer from your Flybuys account to your Velocity account; or
Receive 2 entries into the prize draw when you Opt-in to Auto Transfer and transfer 1,000 points from your Flybuys account to your Velocity account and thereafter receive 3 entries into the prize draw for every 1,000 points automatically transferred from your Flybuys account to your Velocity account. OR
b) Existing Linked Auto-Transfer Flybuys & Velocity Members (Members who have linked their Flybuys Account to their Velocity Membership and Opted-in to Auto Transfer)
Receive 3 entries into the prize draw for every 1,000 points automatically transferred from your Flybuys account to your Velocity account.
Your accounts must remain linked (and if Auto Transfer is turned on it must remain turned on) until 08/12/2021 to be eligible and to ensure that the promoter can redraw the prize in accordance with paragraph 19 if required.
6. The following additional terms apply when transferring points from your Flybuys account to your Velocity membership:
(a) If you’ve linked your Velocity Frequent Flyer membership to your Flybuys account, you can choose to manually transfer a minimum of 1,000 Flybuys points at a time to receive 500 Velocity Points per 1,000 Flybuys points transferred to Velocity. Or, you can turn on Auto Transfer and if you choose to do this, your entire existing Flybuys points balance (to the highest multiple of 1,000 Flybuys points) will be automatically transferred to your linked Velocity account, and every 1,000 Flybuys points you subsequently collect will be automatically transferred into 500 Velocity Points. There’s no limit to the amount of Flybuys points you can transfer to Velocity. Only one Velocity membership can be linked to a Flybuys account at any one time. To turn on Auto Transfer, the full name and date of birth on your Flybuys account and linked Velocity membership must match. You can de-link or manage your linked accounts at any time at partners.flybuys.com.au/velocity-frequent-flyer/. Visit flybuys.com.au/transfer to manually transfer your Flybuys points. Alternatively, to turn on Auto Transfer, visit partners.flybuys.com.au/velocity-frequent-flyer/ and sign in to your Flybuys account then turn your Auto Transfer preference to ‘On’. This selection will apply to all members under that specific Flybuys account. You can turn your Auto Transfer preference to ‘Off’ at any time and will still be able to manually transfer your Flybuys points to Velocity. Please allow up to 48 hours for Velocity Points to be credited to your linked Velocity account and for your Flybuys points balance to be updated. Once Flybuys points have been redeemed for Velocity Points they can’t be returned to your Flybuys account.
(b) Standard Flybuys Terms and Conditions apply to the collection of Flybuys points.
(c) Velocity membership Terms and Conditions apply once Flybuys points are transferred to Velocity
7. You may enter as many times as you like provided the entry criteria detailed in paragraph 5 are met.
8. If, subsequent to a qualifying entry, you do not wish to participate in the competition you must advise the promoter by calling the Flybuys service centre (13 11 16).
9. The promoter may disqualify any entrant who:
(a) enters the competition without being eligible;
(b) tampers with the entry process;
(c) submits an entry that is not in accordance with the competition terms; or
(d) in entering the competition, engages in conduct which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the competition or the promoter.
10. Failure by the promoter to exercise its rights under paragraph 9 does not constitute a waiver of the promoter’s rights under paragraph 9. If the entrant’s contact details change, the entrant must notify the promoter.
11. The promoter will draw the winners from the pool of valid entrants at the draw time on the draw date at the draw address.
12. The first valid entry drawn will win the First Prize, the next 50 valid entries drawn will win a Second Prize and the next 50 valid entries drawn will win a Third Prize, subject to the promoter’s rights under paragraph 9.
13. The promoter will notify the winners by email within 7 business days after the draw date. The winners’ names and last 3 digits of their Flybuys card number will be posted on the Flybuys website on or before 14/12/2021.
14. The awarding of prizes is restricted to one prize per entrant except for SA.
15. Flybuys points will be automatically allocated to the Flybuys Account associated with the Winner’s Entry on or before 21/12/2021. Velocity Points will be credited to the Velocity Account associated with the Winner’s Entry on or before 15/01/2022. Use of Velocity Points is subject to the Velocity Members Terms and Conditions, which are located on the Velocity Frequent Flyer website at:
16. The promoter may request that the winner provide proof of identity, proof of age and proof of residency to the promoter’s reasonable satisfaction before awarding the prize. If the winner does not provide proof of identity, proof of age or poof or residency to the promoter’s reasonable satisfaction within 3 months after being selected as a winner, the promoter may redraw the prize in accordance with paragraph 19.
17. In consideration of the promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner:
(a) consents to the promoter using his or her name, likeness, image, voice and entry in any marketing and promotion of the competition, the promoter or the promoter’s business;
(b) agrees to use the prize in accordance with the supplier’s specified requirements;
(c) agrees that the prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash;
(d) agrees to comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements. It is the responsibility of the winner to confirm such conditions with the prize supplier or other relevant third parties;
18. If the prize is unavailable, the promoter may substitute the prize with a substitute prize, provided that the substitute prize is of the same or similar value or specification as the prize subject to legislative approval.
19. If for any reason, there are prizes that have not been awarded within 3 months after the draw date the promoter may conduct a further draw from the pool of valid entries at 10:00am (AEST) on 08/03/2022 at Focal Promotions, 2/7 Stayner Street Beaumaris VIC 3193.
20. The first valid entry the promoter draws is the winner, subject to the promoter’s rights under paragraph 9.
21. The promoter will notify the winner by email within 7 days after the further draw date. The promoter will post the winner’s name and the last 3 digits of their Flybuys card number on the Flybuys website within 7 days after the further draw date.
22. If there is a force majeure event which prevents or materially and adversely affects the promoter’s ability to market, promote and run the competition in accordance with the competition terms, the promoter may cancel, terminate, modify, suspend or postpone the competition subject to State Licensing Authorities approval.
23. The promoter is not liable for any loss, expense, damage or liability suffered or incurred by entrants and winners in connection with the competition, including:
(a) any late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected entries or prize acceptance, including delays due to technical disruptions or network congestion;
(b) any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the competition;
(c) any technical error, including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission or communications line, telephone, mobile or satellite network failure; and
(d) any theft, destruction, unauthorised access to or alteration of entries; and
(e) any use of the prize or any tax liability incurred by the winner as a result of accepting the prize.
24. Nothing under paragraph 23 is intended to limit entrants’ or winners’ rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
25. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram and neither Facebook or Instagram are liable for any loss, expense, damage or liability suffered or incurred by entrants and winners in connection with the competition, including anything detailed in paragraph 23.
27. In the competition terms, the following words have the following meanings: