HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO US AND YOU
Velocity and flybuys are celebrating 2 years together, and we’re giving away some big prizes to mark
the occasion. Here’s what’s up for grabs:
2 x 2 Return Business Class
airfares on the Virgin Australia network*
Points for 20 winners*
2,000 flybuys points
for 200 winners*
· 2,000 flybuys points for 200 winners*
HOW TO ENTER
All you need to do is link your flybuys account to Velocity and you’ll get 500 entries into the draw to win.* Once you’re linked, you can transfer your flybuys points to Velocity for even more entries into the draw.
Are your accounts already linked? Just transfer your flybuys points to Velocity to receive entries into the draw. You’ll get 1 entry per flybuys point transferred.*
Plus, receive an entry for every $1 spent in Coles during the month of October, when you scan your flybuys card!
WHERE COULD 200,000 VELOCITY POINTS TAKE YOU?
SYDNEY TO LOS ANGELES
Fly from Sydney to Los Angeles return, in an Economy Reward Seat for 89,600 Velocity Points^
BRISBANE TO BALI
Fly from Brisbane to Bali return, in an Economy Reward Seat for 69,700 Velocity Points^
MELBOURNE TO HONG KONG
Fly from Melbourne to Hong Kong return, in an Business Reward Seat for 119,000 Velocity Points^
*The flybuys and Velocity 2nd Anniversary Competition
Conditions of Entry
1. Information on how to enter this Promotion, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each Entrant.
2. The Promotion commences at 00:01 am AEST on 1 October 2018 and ends at 11:59 pm AEST on 31 October 2018 (Promotion Period).
3. The Promoter is Velocity Frequent Flyer Pty Ltd (ACN 601 408 824) of registered address 56 Edmondstone Road, Bowen Hills, Queensland 4006.
4. Entry is open to Velocity Frequent Flyer members and flybuys members with a valid membership account aged 18 years and over (Entrants). The directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd, Flybuys (Loyalty Pacific Pty Ltd), its related bodies corporate are not eligible to enter this Promotion.
5. To enter the Promotion, Entrants must:
a) swipe their flybuys card for the linked flybuys account at the time of purchase during the Promotion Period at Coles. Each $1.00 AUD spent at Coles equals 1 entry into the Promotion.
b) transfer flybuys points to Velocity during the Promotion Period (Transferring Entry Method). Each flybuys point transferred from the Entrant’s flybuys account to the Entrant's Velocity Frequent Flyer account is equal to one entry into the Promotion. Linked households may transfer a minimum of 2,000 flybuys points (equivalent to 870 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points) and a maximum of 138,000 flybuys points (equivalent to 60,030 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points) per calendar year. flybuys points can only be transferred in increments of 2,000. flybuys points transferred for Velocity Frequent Flyer Points will be credited to the linked Velocity account instantly. An entry into the Promotion is generated and deemed accepted as at the time and date that the Entrants flybuys points are deducted from their flybuys account within the Promotion Period. To check if and when points were deducted from the Entrant's flybuys account, login to flybuys.com.au and refer to the processed date on the Entrant's account activity; and/or
c) successfully link their Velocity Frequent Flyer and flybuys accounts during the Promotion Period by visiting flybuys.com.au/velocity and completing the link process (Linking Entry Method). Once complete the Entrants will receive 500 entries into the Promotion. Entrants who have linked prior to 01 October 2018 are ineligible to receive entries into the Promotion by linking their accounts. Each account may only be linked once during the Promotion Period and each Entrant is limited to 500 entries by this Linking Entry Method;
d) Spend excludes tobacco and tobacco related products, charity donations and gift card purchases. For full terms and conditions visit flybuys.com.au/velocity
6. Entrants must ensure that their flybuys and Velocity membership accounts remain linked for the duration of the Promotion Period. Entrants can enter the Promotion using both the Linking Entry Method and the Transferring Entry Method.
7. The Entrant will be the linked member as shown in the Entrant's flybuys account.
8. There is a limit of 500 entries per person via the Linking Entry Method and a limit of 138,000 entries per person via the Transferring Entry Method.
9. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Unsuccessful transfers will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction or otherwise including those entries not received by the Promoter.
10. If you enter the Promotion but no longer wish to participate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be removed from the Promotion.
11. This promotion is free to enter. Any ancillary costs associated with entering the Promotion remain an Entrant’s responsibility.
12. There will 222 winners (a Winner) in total. Entrants can only be a Winner once (excluding SA). Winners will be drawn according to the schedule in clause 15.
13. The Prizes will be awarded to the Entrant named in the entry.
14. The draw will be conducted on15 November 2018 at 3:00pm AEDT at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5, Erina Plaza, 210 Central Coast Highway, Erina, NSW 2250. In the presence of an independent scrutineer
15. The Prizes will be drawn in the following order:
a) Two (2) x return business class airfares for 2 people on the VA network
b) Twenty (20) x 200,000 Velocity Points
c) Two Hundred (200) x 2,000 flybuys Points
16. The Winners will be announced on Velocity’s website www.velocityfrequentflyer.com after 3:00 pm AEDT fourteen (14) days after the draw has occurred (29 November 2018). The Winner will be notified after 10:00 am AEDT seven (7) days after the draw has occurred (22 November 2018) directly by phone or email where further contact information and details will be requested including, but not limited to, full name, phone, email, and address.
17. If a Winner is drawn and that person has already been a Winner previously, a redraw will be conducted on the same date as the original draw.
18. If a prize is not claimed within three (3) months of publication, a redraw will be conducted. If required, the redraw will be conducted from 11 March 2019 at 3:00pm AEDT at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5, Erina Plaza, 210 Central Coast Highway, Erina, NSW 2250.
19. A redrawn Winner will be notified by phone two (2) days after the draw, and in writing two (2) days after the draw. The name and state of the re-draw Winner may be published on the Velocity Frequent Flyer website fourteen (14) days after the re-draw.
20. Entries not fully complying with these Conditions of Entry may be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s discretion. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these Conditions of Entry, the entry will be discarded and the relevant prize will be re-awarded in accordance with the relevant clause of these Conditions of Entry as if the discarded entry had not been received.
21. All decisions of the Promoter are final and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into.
22. This is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the outcome.
23. The total prize pool is valued at $212,000
24. There are two Major prizes and 220 minor prizes to be won (each a Prize, and collectively, the Prizes)
a. Twenty (20) 200,000 Velocity Frequent Flyer Bonus Points. Each prize is valued at $7,400
b. Two hundred (200) 2,000 flybuys points. (valued at $10 flybuys dollars)
27. The Prizes are not exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
28. The following additional terms apply for Prizes containing Virgin Australia flights:
a. Flights are subject to Virgin Australia’s Conditions of Carriage which are located on the Virgin Australia website at www.virginaustralia.com.
b. The Winner will be given further instructions on how to redeem the flight prize upon being notified they are a Winner.
c. All travel must be on Virgin Australia operated flights with a VA flight number. Bookings must be finalised and ticketed by 31 March 2019 and at least fourteen (14) days prior to departure, and are subject to availability at the time of request. Travel must be completed by 31 November 2019. The Winner and their nominated travel companion must be booked in the same record and travel together on all flight sectors.
d. Tickets are non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. Ticket changes are permitted subject to applicable fare rules but the Winner will be liable for any additional payments which may include payment of the fare difference. Refunds as a result of a ticket change are not permitted. Any tickets which remain unused after expiration date shall be deemed null and void. Extensions are not permitted.
e. The Winner is responsible for all other expenses including travel costs to and from the point of departure, accommodation, spending money, travel insurance, freight, excess baggage, meals, insurance surcharges, ground transportation and any other expenses not associated with the ticket.
29. The following additional terms apply for Velocity Points Prizes:
a. Velocity Points prizes will be subject to the Velocity terms and conditions, available at https://experience.velocityfrequentflyer.com/member-support/terms-conditions
b. The Velocity Points prize will be added to the Velocity members account linked (at the time of entry) to the Winner’s flybuys membership account four (4) weeks after the Promotion Period end date.
30. The following additional terms apply for Prizes containing flybuys points:
a. flybuys points prizes will be subject to the flybuys terms and conditions, available at https://www.flybuys.com.au/about/#/flybuys-terms-and-conditions.
b. flybuys points prize will be added to the flybuys member account linked to the winner’s Velocity membership account four (4) weeks after the Promotion Period end date.
c. Entrants must ensure that their flybuys and Velocity membership accounts remain linked for the duration of the Promotion Period.
31. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination or as part of the prize. The Winner is responsible for all additional costs associated with the prize that are not specifically included, including, where applicable, transport to and from the airports, meal costs, spending money, travel insurance, hotel accommodation and other incidentals.
Contacting the Entrant
32. Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
33. By accepting the Prize, Winners agree to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed. Winners will not be entitled to any fee for participating in these activities.
34. The Promoter may want a Winner to participate in promotional activity after the Promotion has ended. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to a Winner, the Winner permits the Winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the Winner’s participation in the prize to appear in any media whatsoever throughout the world for an unlimited period and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
35. The Promoter reserves the right to request that a Winner provides proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a Winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
36. The Promoter will not be liable for any tax liability, including without limitation income tax, fringe benefits tax, or any liability or loss of opportunity due to reportable fringe benefits, incurred by a winner, an Entrant, their employer and/or any other party in regard to any connection with participating in the Promotion or the receipt or use of any prize.
37. Entrants, the winner and/or any other party will be required to pay any taxes and other airport related charges (including any applicable GST on those taxes and charges) which may be due on receipt or use of the prize.
38. Entrants should seek independent financial advice to ensure they understand possible tax implications in relation to any tax liability and/or reportable fringe benefits before acceptance or use of a prize.
39. The Promoter not accept responsibility for and makes no representations about any tax liability as a result of participating in the Promotion or from receiving or using any of the prizes.
40. The other party must ensure that all promotional and marketing material prepared by the other party relating to the Promotion sufficiently notifies Entrants of the above conditions.
41. Subject to any applicable law, the Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a Winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the Winner and/or the Winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion. The Promoter reserves its legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender.
42. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these Conditions of Entry, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
43. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
44. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Promotion and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth) in Australia, or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies (and their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, for any direct, indirect or consequential injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way in connection with this Promotion or any prize/s. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect or inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this Promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; and (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize (including but not limited to any component of a Winner’s trip).
45. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Promotion. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
46. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure, internet failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserve the right to take any action that may be available.
47. The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize. The Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize offered.
50. Entrant’s personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and Winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
Authorised under permit numbers: NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/27891, ACT Permit No. TP18/01770, SA Permit No. T18/1592
^The quoted redemption fares are correct as at 22 May 2018 and are subject to change. Fares are subject to availability, and seats are limited and may not be available at peak times or on all flights. Price is based on a one way or return economy Reward Seat fare or Business Reward seat fare as specified, and must be booked on the Velocity website. Taxes, fees and surcharges are payable in addition to Velocity Points redeemed. Any taxes or fee components are not eligible for Points earn. Price may vary until ticketed. All payments made on the internet or on the phone via debit/credit card are subject to a payment surcharge between 0.6% to 1.3% of the total value of the card transaction (capped at $70 per passenger per booking). Add $40 or 5,200 Points per person for bookings made on the phone. A checked baggage allowance is included in your fare, view Reward Seat Baggage Allowances for details. Name changes are not permitted. Other changes, refunds and cancellation are permitted prior to travel and may incur a fee and any applicable fare difference. You may also be entitled to a refund under the Australian Consumer Law in certain circumstances. View the Velocity Rewards Seat fare rules for more information. Some flights may be operated by a partner airline. Different baggage allowances and conditions may apply to these flights. Full terms and conditions at velocityfrequentflyer.com.