Earn status credits
Status Credits are valid for a period of 12 months, from the date flown. The number of Status Credits you earn depends on the distance flown, airline booked and fare class eligibility1.
Calculate the number of Status Credits you can earn by:
- Using our Mileage Calculator to determine the number of miles you are flying
- Then refer to the table below with your chosen Fare Type
You can also keep track of your Status Credits in My Velocity.
Status credits earned per one-way domestic flight1 with Virgin Australia.
Christmas Island and Cocos (Keeling) Island earn at the same rate as domestic flights.
|0 - 750 (1)||7||15||25||50||55|
|751 - 1,500 (2)||10||20||30||60||70|
From 1 August 20182 for travel on or after 28 October 2018 domestic flights flown as part of a;
- Trans Tasman or International Short Haul journey will earn at the same rate as domestic standalone journeys.
- International long haul flights will earn based on the fare class and number of miles flown.
For flights purchased before 1 August 2018 for travel on or after 28 October 2018 and any flight for travel before 28 October 2018, domestic flights flown as part of an International journey will earn based on the fare class and number of miles flown.
TRANS TASMAN AND INTERNATIONAL SHORT HAUL
Status credits earned per Trans-Tasman3 and International Short Haul flight (including Partner Airline flights). Eligible Fare classes and exclusions apply4.
Domestic flights flown as part of a Trans Tasman or International Short Haul journey will earn at the same rate as domestic standalone journeys2.
|0 - 750 (1)||10||15||25||40||45|
|751 - 1,700 (2)||20||25||40||80||90|
|1,701 - 2,500 (3)||25||35||50||100||110|
Status credits earned per International Short Haul, Trans-Tasman3 (including partner airline flights)5 and domestic Virgin Australia flights flown as part of an international journey. Eligible Fare classes and exclusions apply4.
One-Way Miles (zone) GO/GO PLUS/GETAWAY
0 - 750 (1) 10 20 30 40 751 - 1,500 (2)
15 30 45 60 1,501 - 3,000 (3)
20 40 60 80 3,001 - 5,000 (4)
30 60 90 120 5,001 - 8,000 (5)
40 80 120 160 8,001+ (6)
50 100 150 200
international long haul
Status credits earned per International Long Haul flight (including Partner Airline flights) and domestic Virgin Australia flights flown as part of an International Long Haul journey5. Eligible Fare classes and exclusions apply4.
|0 - 750 (1)||10||20||30||40|
|751 - 1,500 (2)||15||30||45||60|
|1,501 - 3,000 (3)||20||40||60||80|
|3,001 - 5,000 (4)||30||60||90||120|
|5,001 - 8,000 (5)||40||80||120||160|
EARN WITH International AIRLINE PARTNERS
Earn Status Credits when you travel in an eligible fare class on our International airline partner operated flights.
Select an airline below to discover how many Status Credits you will receive.
1. Status Credits cannot be earned on all fare classes. Status Credits can only be earned on eligible flights, marketed and operated by Virgin Australia and/or a Velocity airline partner. Find out which fare classes earn Status Credits. Status Credits cannot be earned in other fare classes, unless advised otherwise. Status Credits accrual is based on single flight segments that consist of individual flight numbers. An itinerary that involves a change in aircraft but retains the same flight number is considered a single flight segment. An itinerary that consists of a change in flight numbers, even if the same aircraft is used for the entire itinerary, is considered two flight segments. Members travelling on upgraded fares purchased with Points or any other subsidised means of upgrades on Virgin Australia or our partner airlines will earn Status Credits based on original purchased fare class.
2. Virgin Australia operated flights sold with an Air Mauritius (MK) or a PNG Air (CG) flight number are ineligible to earn Status Credits.
3. On 1 August 2018 Velocity Frequent Flyer announced a new Status Credit earn proposition for Trans Tasman and International Short Haul flights. Prior to 28 October domestic flights as part of an international journey earn at the same rate as international flights. From 28 October for eligible flights members will earn at the domestic rate for their domestic flight and the Trans Tasman and International Short haul rate for their Trans Tasman or International Short Haul flight respectively. Domestic flights as part of an international Long Haul journey will continue to earn at the international long haul rate.
4. Trans-Tasman flights: include all flights between Australia and New Zealand. International Short Haul Flights: includes all international flights from Australia to Cook Islands, Fiji, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Vanuatu. International Long Haul Flights: includes flights to Hong Kong and Los Angeles.
5. Where your Trans-Tasman or International Short Haul journey contains a flight operated by another airline that does not have a VA flight number, then that flight will be ineligible for Status Credit earn. All other flights in the journey operated by Virgin Australia with a VA flight number will Status Credits per the above tables. Where your Trans-Tasman or International Short Haul journey contains a flight with a VA flight number operated by a Velocity Partner Airline you will earn Status Credits based on your fare class and the number of miles flown for the whole journey, including any flights operated by Virgin Australia.
6. Includes all Virgin Australia codeshare services operated by partner airlines with a VA flight number.
- Status Credits can only be earned on eligible flights with a VA flight number operated by Hong Kong Airlines (HX) for travel from 6 July 2017 and Hainan Airlines (HU) from 2 July 2018.
Status Credits are not earned on Reward Seat bookings on either Virgin Australia or partner airline operated flights
^ Tianjin Airlines: Prior to 1 April 2018, D and P classes were ineligible on domestic flights, L and M classes were classified as Full Fare Economy and V class was classified as Discount Economy . Tianjin Airlines has removed First class from its regularly operated flights and as a result F class is no longer eligible for earn and A class has been reclassified as a Discount Economy class.
~ Hong Kong Airlines: Prior to 18 April 2018, travel in Z class was ineligible for Status Credit earn.
* Singapore Airlines & SilkAir: Status Credits may not be earned on any Singapore Airlines or SilkAir flights where KrisFlyer miles have been used as a form of payment, irrespective of fare class. Classes M, H, W, L were classified as Full Fare Economy prior to 1 March 2018. R class was ineligible for earn for travel prior to 1 September 2018.