Transferring your Westpac Altitude reward points to Velocity
You can convert the points earned on your eligible Westpac credit cards to Velocity Points by transferring from your Westpac account12
Altitude Points earned through the American Express Westpac Altitude Card can be transferred to Velocity Points through altituderewards.com.au. For more information and transfer rates from Altitude Points to Velocity Points, please visit altituderewards.com.au.
If your Velocity membership number is not already registered with Westpac, you can do this online in your account, or by calling 1300 887 820
Choose the Transfer now option for a one off transfer of Altitude points to Velocity Points
Login to your Altitude Rewards Account and then enter the quantity of points to transfer
Enter your Velocity Frequent Flyer number and select Send.
Credit criteria, fees and charges apply.
Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.
Westpac Altitude Velocity Platinum Mastercard and Westpac Altitude Velocity Black Mastercard Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher conditions:
1. By keeping or using your Westpac Altitude Velocity Platinum or Westpac Altitude Velocity Black Card, you are agreeing to these Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher Conditions.
2. In these Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher Conditions:
Westpac means Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141
Virgin Australia means Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd ABN 36 090 670 965
you and your means the Altitude Velocity Platinum Mastercard or Altitude Velocity Black Mastercard primary cardholder with a Westpac Altitude Velocity card account
Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher means a single use, one-way upgrade to an Economy X seat class on an eligible Virgin Australia direct domestic flight between two selected Australian cities
Card means the Altitude Velocity Platinum Mastercard or Altitude Velocity Black Mastercard
Anniversary Year means the period starting on the date on which the applicable Altitude Velocity Platinum Mastercard or Altitude Velocity Black Mastercard card account is opened by Westpac (Anniversary Date) and expiring on the day before the Anniversary Date each year thereafter
Primary Cardholder means the person who opens the Altitude Velocity Platinum Mastercard and Altitude Velocity Black Mastercard with Westpac
Other expressions which are used in these Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher Conditions that are not defined here have the same meaning as in the Points Terms and Conditions.
3. Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher redemption is available for booking via the redemption criteria in clause 13 by eligible Altitude Velocity Platinum Mastercard or Altitude Velocity Black Mastercard primary cardholders.
(b)Your Flight must be booked and Economy X Seat Upgrade Vouchers redeemed before the end of each Anniversary Year. Voucher benefits cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year.
5. Subject to applicable laws, Virgin Australia and Westpac reserve the right to change these Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher Conditions from time to time without prior notice, including but not limited to the right to charge fees for Economy X Seat Upgrades or to stop offering Economy X Seat Upgrades. Westpac will inform you of any changes to these Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher Conditions.
6. You may redeem your Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher in the name of another individual travelling on the same itinerary as the Primary Cardholder.
7. Each Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher can only be redeemed on an eligible non-stop Virgin Australia operated domestic Australian flight. The Economy X Upgrade Voucher is valid per single flight sector only. The flight on which the Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher is redeemed may be part of a multi-flight itinerary but the Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher can be applied to only one flight sector.
8. All Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher redemptions are subject to availability and neither Virgin Australia nor Westpac guarantee that Economy X seats will be available on the flight you may wish to redeem on. Economy X seat availability may be limited to certain dates and/or flights and it may be more difficult to book seats around public holidays, school holidays or special events.
(a) Flight you wish to redeem your Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher on must be purchased using your Altitude Velocity Platinum Mastercard or Altitude Velocity Black Mastercard.
(b) To redeem your complimentary Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher, please contact Virgin Australia by calling 1300 038 373 with your flight booking details and Velocity Frequent Flyer membership number.
14. After an Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher has been redeemed, any changes to the flight booking, including the Economy X seat, should be made via the Virgin Australia Guest Contact Centre. If you wish to cancel and/ or re-route and/ or change the time and/or date of a booked flight on which Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher has been redeemed, please contact Virgin Australia by calling 1300 038 373. If you cancel and/ or re-route and/ or change the time and/ or date of a booked flight on which Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher has been redeemed and an Economy X Seat is not available on your new flight, your voucher will be forfeited.
15. The Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher Redemption Criteria is subject to change and Velocity Frequent Flyer reserve the right to amend the process from time to time.
16. If the flight on which you have redeemed your Economy X Upgrade Seat voucher is cancelled and/ or disrupted by Virgin Australia, you are entitled to a new complimentary Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher, only if:
(a) you were rebooked to another flight:
(i) by Virgin Australia for operational reasons or because Virgin Australia cancelled your flight and Economy X was not provided on the other flight;
(ii) because you missed your connecting flight after an inbound flight on Virgin Australia or its codeshare partners and you were not provided with an Economy X seat on the other flight;
(b) Virgin Australia changed the aircraft and there were no Economy X seats available on the alternative aircraft
(c) Virgin Australia used its right to assign or reassign your Economy X seat either before or after boarding for operational, safety, security or other reasons;
(d) you were seated in an Exit Row, however were assigned a standard Economy seat because you no longer wanted to sit in an Exit Row or no longer meet the Exit Row Safety Conditions and Virgin Australia were unable to accommodate you in an alternate Economy X seat.
(e)you were seated in an Economy X seat in an Exit Row and refuse to accept the Exit Row Safety conditions and Virgin Australia were unable to accommodate you in an alternate Economy X seat.
(f). To receive your new complimentary Economy X seat upgrade voucher, please complete an Economy X Enquiry on the Virgin Australia Contact Us. Your new complimentary Economy X Voucher will then be applied to your Velocity Frequent Flyer membership account.
17. Westpac does not own or operate any airline or aircraft. Westpac is not liable for service deficiencies on the part of airlines or other service providers, including but not limited to: accidents, injuries, infections and illnesses; delays and diversions;
changes in routes or itineraries; loss, theft or damage to possessions.
18. These Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher Conditions are governed by the laws of Queensland.
Westpac Altitude Black Mastercard and Westpac Altitude Platinum Mastercard:
2. Westpac Altitude Mastercard bonus points promotion: Receive 80,000 Velocity Points when you apply and are approved for a new Westpac Altitude Black Card between 16 October 2019 and midnight 31 March 2020, and spend the minimum amount of $4,000 on eligible purchases on the Westpac Altitude Black Velocity Rewards Credit Card within 90 days of Card approval. Receive 60,000 Velocity Points when you apply and are approved for a new Westpac Altitude Platinum Card between 31 January 2020 and midnight 31 March 2020, and spend the minimum amount of $3,000 on eligible purchases on the Westpac Altitude Platinum Card within 90 days of Card approval in one or more transactions. Eligible purchases do not include fees, cash, cash equivalent transactions, payments to the Australian Tax Office, BPAY, BPAY equivalent transaction, refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account. The bonus Velocity Points will be added to your points balance within 12 weeks once you meet the eligible spend criteria. Existing Westpac customers who currently hold an Earth Classic, Earth Platinum, Earth Platinum Plus, Earth Black, Altitude Classic, Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black credit card, or who have held one in the last 12 months, are not eligible for this offer.
3. Rewards Points on the Westpac Altitude Mastercard: The earning and redemption of Velocity Points is subject to the Altitude Velocity Terms and Conditions. Purchases that are not eligible to earn Velocity Points are set out in the Altitude Rewards Terms and Conditions. For example: payments to the Australian Taxation Office, cash advances, BPAY and BPAY equivalent transactions do not earn Velocity Points. You do not receive points if your card account is in arrears for 2 consecutive statement cycles and in other circumstances. An annual $50 Velocity Rewards fee applies for customers who choose to earn Velocity Points through the Altitude Velocity Rewards program.
4. The complimentary Lounge pass benefit is available to Primary Velocity Altitude Black Mastercard Cardholders only and provides two Single-Entry Virgin Australia domestic Lounge passes each year. You will become eligible for your two Single-Entry Virgin Australia domestic Lounge passes upon card activation in your first year and then each anniversary thereafter. SeeVirgin Australia Lounge Pass Benefit Terms & Conditions for full details.
5. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible Westpac cardholders to claim under it as third-party beneficiaries. Any advice on insurance is general advice only and not based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the Westpac Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance Policy which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance.
12. Transfer one time: A minimum of 6 Altitude points is required before points can be transferred. You will receive 1 Velocity Point for every 3 Altitude points. Please allow 3 business days for the processing of the transfers. You will not receive points if your card account is in arrears for 2 consecutive statement cycles and in other circumstances. Once Altitude Points have been redeemed for Velocity Points, they are governed by the Velocity Membership Terms and Conditions and cannot be reversed. Velocity membership and the earn and redemption of Velocity Points is subject to the Membership Terms and Conditions, as amended from time to time.