Virgin Australia’s Premium and Business Class offer an all-inclusive flight experience, with Priority services and complimentary in-flight benefits.
There are three simple ways you can request an upgrade1 - with UpgradeMe Points, UpgradeMe Platinum member offer, or with UpgradeMe Premium Bid.
If you’re a Velocity member travelling in an eligible fare class, you can upgrade on Virgin Australia Domestic or International Short Haul flights. Gold and Platinum members can also upgrade on Virgin Australia International Long Haul flights.
UPGRADEME PLATINUM MEMBER OFFER
If you’re a Velocity Platinum member travelling on a Freedom fare, you can use Velocity Points or one of your four complimentary upgrade credits2 to request an upgrade to Business Class when travelling on Virgin Australia Domestic or International Short Haul flights.
How to upgrade using UpgradeMe Platinum Member Offer
- Request an upgrade by contacting the Membership Contact Centre at least two hours prior to the scheduled flight departure time.
- Alternatively, for Australia Domestic services operated by Virgin Australia, Platinum members can request any same day upgrade at the Virgin Australia lounge3. Requests close 30 minutes prior to the scheduled flight departure time.
- If departing from Hobart, you can request an upgrade on Domestic services at Priority check-in from 90 minutes prior to the scheduled flight departure time. Requests close 30 minutes prior to the scheduled flight departure time.
- Complimentary fare upgrades can also be used for accompanying guests travelling on the same flight, subject to availability.
UpgradeMe premium bid
If you’re a Virgin Australia guest travelling in an eligible fare class and route, you can choose the dollar amount you are willing to pay to upgrade to Premium Economy or Business Class on Virgin Australia Domestic flights, and will be notify of the success of your offers, no later than one day prior scheduled flight departure time.
HOW TO UPGRADE USING UPGRADEME PREMIUM BID
1. Check fare eligibility
2. ONCE FARE ELIGIBILITY IS CONFIRMED, Make an offer to upgrade
Determine the amount you are willing to pay to upgrade. Offers must be made per flight sector (i.e. Brisbane to Ayers Rock consists of two sectors: Brisbane to Sydney and Sydney to Ayers Rock). Pricing is displayed per passenger – for all passengers listed on the booking.
3. Enter payment details
Enter your payment card details to allow payment if your offer is successful (unsuccessful offers will not be billed).
4. Review and submit
Review your information and submit your offer.
5. Notification of upgrade
You will be emailed about the success of your offer no later than one day prior to departure.
2. All flight upgrades using complimentary fare upgrades are subject to the Member Terms and Conditions.
3. In certain operational circumstances Virgin Australia Lounges may not be able to accept upgrade requests for departure from other airports. To be eligible for upgrades, all flights must be marketed and operated by Virgin Australia, and issued on Virgin Australia ticket stock (featuring a ticket number beginning with “795”). For operational reasons not all Business Class seats are made available for upgrades. This means that there may still be empty seats on departure.
4. Purchasing Points with Velocity Points Booster is facilitated by Points Inc.
Purchasing Points is subject to the membership Terms and Conditions. Prices are in Australian Dollars and are inclusive of GST. The applicable price will be the price published at the time of purchase and is subject to change without notice. Purchased Points are non-refundable. Points Booster transactions are processed outside of Australia. You are responsible for any additional fees charged by your financial institution in connection with your Points Booster transaction. The purchase of Points does not guarantee the availability of your desired reward. If you have any enquiries in relation to Points Booster, please contact the Membership Contact Centre.