Terms and Conditions:
1. The Points required for a Reward Seat will be based on the total miles for all sectors in a one way journey, except where there is a break in the journey. Where there is a break in the journey, the Points required is calculated on a per sector basis. A break in the journey includes: (a) a stopover, which means: (i) in an Australian domestic itinerary, a break of journey at an intermediate point when onward travel does not take place on the same calendar day; and (ii) for all other itineraries, including those containing a domestic to international connecting flight, when a passenger arrives at an intermediate point and is not scheduled to depart within 24 hours of arrival; (b) a change in class of travel within the journey; or (c) a change in operating airline where the airlines are located in different Reward Seat Points tables.
2. Taxes, carrier charges and applicable fees start from $16.95 and are payable at the time of booking. These charges vary depending on carrier, city pair, fare class date and time of booking and are subject to change. Information correct as at 8 January 2020.
3. Premium Economy is available on Virgin Atlantic, Delta Air Lines and Singapore Airlines.
4. Services operated by Mango, SA Express or Airlink are unavailable for Reward Seat redemption.
5. Taxes, fees and carrier charges are payable in addition to the points required, these are quoted at the time of booking and are subject to change. Fees calculated in the examples are correct as at 28 October 2020.
6 . Carrier charge quoted exclusive of GST. The carrier charge will attract the 10% Australian Goods and Services Tax (GST) an all-Domestic itinerary. GST is not payable on carrier charges for Australian Domestic flights as part of international bookings.
7. The quoted Points discount is correct as at 22 January 2020 and redemption levels are subject to change at the discretion of Velocity Frequent Flyer.
8. See full T&C's for Virgin Australia Gift Vouchers and Gift Cards
^ Domestic Australia Business Class Reward Seats and UpgradeMe Points Sale:
^Domestic Australia Business Class Reward Seats and UpgradeMe Points Sale: On sale from 12:01am AEDT 8 September 2020 until 11:59pm AEDT 11 January 2021 unless sold out prior. Reward seats and UpgradeMe seats are subject to availability. For travel from 8 September 2020 until 31 January 2021. 30% discount applies to year round Business Class Reward Seat and UpgradeMe Point levels and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion. Discount does not apply to fees and taxes whether paid in Points or cash. Redemption bookings are available for travel from today to our most popular Australian destinations. View destinations and find out more. Due to Covid-19 Virgin Australia lounges are temporarily closed and we are continuing to assess their re-opening as travel restrictions ease. Inflight catering is currently limited to complimentary water and a snack. Complimentary meals and the purchase of additional food and drinks will not be available on board. Discount is applied automatically at the time of booking. All fares are for instant purchase while Rewards Seats are made available on most flights, availability is limited and may not be available at peak times or on all flights. For operational reasons not all Business Class seats are made available for upgrades, this means that there may still be empty seats on departure. Velocity Points and Status Credits cannot be earned on Reward Seat bookings.
A checked baggage allowance is included in your fare. Add $40 or 5,200 Points for bookings made on the phone. Business Class Reward Seats include Taxes, fees and surcharges and payments made by debit/credit card are subject to a payment surcharge. Taxes, fees and surcharges can be paid with Points and are not eligible for Points earn. Changes and cancellations incur a fee. See Virgin Australia’s domestic Fees page for Business Reward Seats or Velocity Frequent Flyer Terms and Conditions for UpgradeMe. Name changes are not permitted. Itinerary changes made after 11 January 2021 will cause your discount to be lost. A fare difference payment may apply. And Velocity Membership Terms and Conditions apply.
Check your fare rules for more information. Full terms and conditions at www.virginaustralia.com.