Turn your flybuys points into Velocity Points to get to your next reward sooner
Earn Status Credits when you shop at Coles, Coles online, Liquorland and First Choice Liquor1
WIN YOUR WAY TO FIJI
Get 1 entry for every $10 spent on eligible purchases at Coles, 1 entry when you link your Velocity and flybuys account and 1 entry for every 2,000 flybuys points transferred from flybuys to Velocity before 14 July 2019. T&Cs apply.*
TURN YOUR FLYBUYS POINTS INTO VELOCITY FREQUENT FLYER POINTS
You can transfer up to 138,000 flybuys points per calendar year per household (equivalent to 60,030 Velocity Points) in multiples of 2,000 flybuys points for 870 Velocity Points.2
New to Velocity? You can join the Velocity loyalty program today. It is free to join and takes only minutes. If you’re new to flybuys, you can join today and start making the most of your everyday spend.
You will be able to link one member of your flybuys household to a nominated Velocity membership and this linked person will be the recipient of the Status Credits earned on your shop and points transferred from flybuys. To link your accounts, you'll need to be a member of both programs. Join flybuys and link today.
SHOP AND EARN STATUS CREDITS
Fast track your Velocity membership level and access the Virgin Australia Lounge sooner! Use your linked flybuys card when you shop at Coles, Coles online, Liquorland or First Choice Liquor and earn 1 Status Credit for every $100 spent, up to 10 per month1.
Velocity Status Credits help you to reach or maintain a higher level of Velocity membership giving you access to the best of Virgin Australia’s premium products and services.
The higher your membership level, the greater benefits you will receive such as Lounge access, Priority Check-in and additional baggage allowance1.
Special offer*: +A. General
1. Information on how to enter this Promotion, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each Entrant.
2. Entry is open to members with a valid Velocity Frequent Flyer and valid flybuys membership account aged 18 years and over (Entrants). The Promoter is Velocity Frequent Flyer Pty Ltd (ACN 601 408 824) of registered address 56 Edmondstone Road, Bowen Hills, Queensland 4006 and Flybuys (Loyalty Pacific Pty Ltd), Coles Group Limited and Coles Supermarkets Australia Pty Ltd.
3. The directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate are not eligible to enter this Promotion.
4. The Promotion commences at 00:00 am AEST on 11 June 2019 and ends at 23:59pm AEST on 14 July 2019 (Promotion Period).
Entrants will be automatically entered into the Promotion when they
1. successfully link their Velocity Frequent Flyer and flybuys accounts during the Promotion Period by visiting flybuys.com.au/velocity and completing the link process (Linking Entry Method). Once complete the Entrants will receive one entry into the Promotion. Entrants who have linked prior to 11 June 2019 are ineligible to receive entries in the Promotion by the linking entry method. Each account may only be linked once during the Promotion Period and each Entrant is limited to one entry by this Linking Entry Method; or
2. transfer flybuys points to their Velocity Frequent Flyer account during the Promotion Period (Transferring Entry Method). Every 2,000 flybuys points transferred from the Entrant’s flybuys account to the Entrant’s Velocity Frequent Flyer account is equal to one entry into the Promotion. Linked households may transfer a minimum of 2,000 flybuys points (equivalent to 870 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points) and a maximum of 138,000 flybuys points (equivalent to 60,030 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points) per calendar year. flybuys points can only be transferred in increments of 2,000. flybuys points transferred for Velocity Frequent Flyer Points will be credited to the linked Velocity account. An entry into the Promotion is generated and deemed accepted as at the time and date that the Entrants flybuys points are deducted from their flybuys account within the Promotion Period. To check if and when points were deducted from the Entrant’s flybuys account, login to flybuys.com.au and refer to the processed date on the Entrant’s account activity; or
3. have an already linked Velocity Frequent Flyer and flybuys account, use their flybuys card when they spend a minimum $10.00 AUD at Coles (Spend Entry Method). For every $10.00 AUD spent is equal to one entry into the promotion. Spend excludes tobacco and tobacco related products, charity donations and gift card purchases. For full terms and conditions visit flybuys.com.au/velocity
5. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction or otherwise including those entries not received by the Promoter.
6. If you enter the Promotion but no longer wish to participate, please email email@example.com and you will be removed from the Promotion.
7. Costs associated with entering the Promotion remain an Entrant’s responsibility and may vary.
C. Drawing Winners
8. The draw will be conducted on 22 July 2019 at 3:00pm at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5, Erina Plaza, 210 Central Coast Highway, Erina, NSW 2250.
9. The winners (Winner) will be announced on Velocity’s website after 3:00 pm AEST on 22 July 2019. The major prize winners will be notified after 3:00 pm AEST on 22 July 2019 directly by telephone where further contact information and details will be requested including, but not limited to, full name, phone, email, and address.
10. Entrants can only be a Winner once.
11. If the prize is not claimed within three (3) months of publication, a redraw will be conducted. If required, the redraw will be conducted 22 October 2019 at 3:00 pm at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5, Erina Plaza, 210 Central Coast Highway, Erina, NSW 2250.
12. A redrawn Winner will be notified by phone within five (5) days of the draw, and in writing within five (5) days of draw. The name and address of the re-draw Winner will be published on Velocity’s website by 30 October 2019.
13. Entries not fully complying with these Conditions of Entry may be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s discretion. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these Conditions of Entry, the entry will be discarded and the relevant prize will be re-awarded in accordance with the relevant clause of these Conditions of Entry as if the discarded entry had not been received.
14. All decisions of the Promoter are final and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into.
15. This is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the outcome.
16. There are five (5) major prizes to be won. The prize consists of:
1. Four (4) x return Economy Class flights (including taxes, fees and baggage) with Virgin Australia departing from any Australian capital city to Nadi, Fiji. Valued at AUD$5,691.20 including GST, and
2. Five (5) x nights of accommodation at the Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa: Families - Yanuca Lagoon Deluxe room inclusive of breakfast daily for two adults and two children (12 years of age or under) or Couples – Reef Wing Deluxe room inclusive of breakfast daily for two adults. Valued at AUD$2,054.00 (including all taxes).
17. There are ten (10) minor prizes consisting of 10 x 100,000 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points (valued at AUD$3,170.73 each) and 100 x 10,000 flybuys BONUS POINTS (valued at AUD$50 flybuys dollars each) to be won. flybuys Dollars can only be redeemed in increments of AUD$10. The total value of the minor prizes is AUD$36,707.32
18. Total prize value of the major prize is AUD$38,726.00 (excluding GST) (based on exchange rates as at 15 April 2019). The total prize value of the first minor prize of Velocity bonus Points is AUD$31,707.32. The total prize value of the second minor prize of flybuys bonus points is AUD$5,000.00. The prizes are not exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
19. The following additional terms apply for Velocity Points Prizes:
1. The Points will be credited to your accounts within five (5) weeks of the end of the Promotion Period.
2. Use of points is subject to the Velocity Members Terms and Conditions, which are located on the Velocity Frequent Flyer website at: https://www.velocityfrequentflyer.com/content/TermsConditions
20. The following additional terms apply for Virgin Australia flight Prizes:
1. Flights are subject to Virgin Australia’s conditions of carriage which are located on the Virgin Australia website at www.virginaustralia.com. Flights must be taken within twelve (12) months of prize issuance.
2. The Winner will be given further instructions on how to redeem the flight prize via email upon being notified they are a Winner.
3. If for any reason, the Winner does not, once the flights have been booked, notify Virgin Australia at least 24 hours prior to scheduled departure that they are unable to take the booked flight at the time stipulated, their prize will be forfeited and cannot be redeemed for cash.
4. The Prize Flights will not earn Velocity points.
5. All travel must be on Virgin Australia operated flights with a VA flight number. Bookings must be finalised and ticketed by 5 September 2019 and at least fourteen (14) days prior to departure, and are subject to availability at the time of request. Travel must be completed by 25 July 2020. The Winner and their nominated travel companions must be booked in the same record and travel together on all flight sectors.
6. The flight prize is for four (4) passengers only. Flights for any additional passengers will be at the Winners’ own expense.
7. Tickets are non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. Ticket changes are permitted subject to applicable fare rules but the Winner will be liable for any additional payments which may include payment of the fare difference. Refunds as a result of a ticket change are not permitted. Any tickets which remain unused after expiration date shall be deemed null and void. Extensions are not permitted.
8. It is the Winner’s responsibility to ensure that they have requisite visas, vaccinations, valid documentation (including but not limited to valid passports and visas) which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
9. The Winner is responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals, drinks, transfers, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes, energy surcharges, gratuities, service charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
10. Flights are subject to availability at the time of booking.
21. The following additional terms apply for the Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort and Spa accommodation Prizes:
1. The prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions. You should contact the third party for more information. Accommodation is subject to availability. Blackout dates are December 20, 2019 to January 05, 2020 and April 04, 2020 to April 09 2020
22. The following additional terms apply for flybuys points Prizes:
1. flybuys points prizes will be subject to the flybuys terms and conditions, available at https://www.flybuys.com.au/about/#/flybuys-terms-and-conditions.
2. flybuys points prize will be added to the flybuys member account linked to the winner’s Velocity membership account within five (5) weeks after the Promotion Period end date.
3. Entrants must ensure that their flybuys and Velocity membership accounts remain linked for the duration of the Promotion Period.
23. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination or as part of the prize.
24. The prize will be awarded to the Entrant named in the entry.
E. Contacting the Entrant
25. Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
26. By accepting the prize, Winners agree to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed. Winners will not be entitled to any fee for participating in these activities.
F. Intellectual Property
27. The Promoter may want a Winner to participate in promotional activity after the Promotion has ended. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to a Winner, the Winner permits the Winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the Winner’s participation in the prize to appear in any media whatsoever throughout the world for an unlimited period and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
28. The Promoter reserves the right to request that a Winner provides proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a Winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
29. The Promoter will not be liable for any tax liability, including without limitation income tax, fringe benefits tax, or any liability or loss of opportunity due to reportable fringe benefits, incurred by a winner in regard to any connection with participating in the Promotion or the receipt or use of any prize.
30. The major prize Winners will be required to pay any taxes and other airport related charges (including any applicable GST on those taxes and charges) which may be due on receipt or use of the prize.
31. Entrants should seek independent financial advice to ensure they understand possible tax implications in relation to any tax liability and/or reportable fringe benefits before acceptance or use of a prize.
32. The Promoter not accept responsibility for and makes no representations about any tax liability as a result of participating in the Promotion or from receiving or using any of the prizes.
33. The other party must ensure that all promotional and marketing material prepared by the other party relating to the Promotion sufficiently notifies Entrants of the above conditions.
34. If your prize includes Velocity points:
1. The first valid minor winner drawn will win 100,000 Velocity bonus Points which may be redeemed for goods and services with a maximum value of AUD$3,170.73. Velocity Points will be allocated to the Velocity Member’s Account only. Value is based on a sample of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points options that could be obtained by redeeming the prize through the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program at the time of this Promotion (as more fully defined in the terms and conditions of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program which can be viewed at www.velocityrewards.com). The estimate of value is provided for the purposes of licensing this promotion only – the value of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points will vary depending on how and when they are redeemed by the winners through the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program.
2. The Velocity Frequent Flyer Points can be redeemed through the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program in several ways, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program and Velocity Frequent Flyer Points store.
35. The Promoter, its agents and associate companies are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any variation in the prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions.
36. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a Winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the Winner and/or the Winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion.
37. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these Conditions of Entry, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
38. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
39. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth) in Australia, or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies (and their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, for any direct, indirect or consequential injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way in connection with this Promotion or any prize/s. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect or inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this Promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; and (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize (including but not limited to any component of a Winner’s trip).
40. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Promotion. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
41. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, internet failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
42. The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
45. Entrant’s personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and Winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
Permit numbers NSW LTPS/19/ 34533, ACT Permit No. TP19/ 03308, SA Permit No. T19/736General flybuys and Velocity Terms and Conditions
This relationship in Australia is between Velocity Frequent Flyer Pty Ltd and flybuys a registered trademark of Loyalty Pacific Pty Ltd. It does not apply to the Fly Buys program in New Zealand.
In order to be eligible to earn Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits or transfer flybuys points to Velocity Points a member of the flybuys household must link to a Velocity Frequent Flyer membership.
Once the accounts have been successfully linked, this linked Velocity Frequent Flyer member will earn Status Credits when they scan their flybuys card on eligible purchases at Coles, Coles online, Liquorland and First Choice Liquor.
The linked Velocity Frequent Flyer members can also transfer their flybuys points to Velocity Points by visiting the rewards section on the flybuys website at flybuys.com.au/rewards.
Only one Velocity membership can be linked to a flybuys household at any one time. The linked Velocity membership can be changed at any time by any member of the flybuys household.
The Velocity Frequent Flyer account linked to the flybuys program household as at the end of a calendar month will be awarded the Status Credits.
flybuys points earned by the household can be transferred to the linked Velocity Frequent Flyer account by any member of the flybuys household account.
Status Credits are earned based on spend from the day a flybuys household and Velocity Frequent Flyer account are linked. Status credits are awarded per calendar month to the Velocity Frequent Flyer account linked to the flybuys household at the end of the calendar month. Please allow up to 2 weeks after the end of each calendar month for your Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits to be credited to your account.
No retrospective claims for Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits will be accepted at any time, even in instances where due to technology malfunctions eligible spend is unable to be added to the household flybuys account.
1. Status credit offer
Velocity Frequent Flyer members must link their Velocity membership to their flybuys household to earn Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits. In non-promotional periods, the earn rate for Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits will be 1 Status Credit for every $100 spent (including GST) each calendar month in total across Coles, Coles Online, Liquorland and First Choice Liquor. No part Status Credits will be allocated, only whole Status Credits per $100 spend. The Velocity Frequent Flyer member linked to the flybuys program membership (as at the end of the calendar month) will be awarded the Status Credits. The nominated linked member may earn up to a maximum of 10 Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits per calendar month. Spend excludes tobacco and tobacco related products, charity donations and gift card purchases. Please allow up to 2 weeks after the end of each calendar month for your Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits to be credited. Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits will not appear on your flybuys statement; see your Velocity account for your total Status Credit balance. Velocity members also need to fly on Virgin Australia marketed flights to earn Eligible Sectors in addition to Status Credits to upgrade or maintain a new level of membership. Find out more about the Status Credit and Eligible Sector requirements for Velocity membership levels. Standard flybuys Terms and Conditions apply to the collection of flybuys points.
2. Transfer Offer
Velocity Frequent Flyer members must link their Velocity membership to their flybuys household to enable the transfer of their flybuys points to Velocity Points. Linked households may transfer a minimum of 2,000 flybuys points (equivalent to 870 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points) per redemption and a maximum of 138,000 flybuys points (equivalent to 60,030 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points) for Velocity Frequent Flyer Points per household, per calendar year. flybuys points can only be transferred in increments of 2,000. Visit www.flybuys.com.au/transfer to transfer flybuys points. flybuys points transferred for Velocity Frequent Flyer Points will be credited to the linked Velocity account.
Standard flybuys Terms and Conditions apply to the collection of flybuys points.
Standard Velocity Frequent Flyer Membership Terms and Conditions apply once points are transferred to Velocity Frequent Flyer.